Thread: Slight starting issue at times.

Tuner in Training moparsoldier85's Avatar

Starting issue after tune

Had a company assist me with my tune but after looking through it i feel like they didn't tune as well as they could have. Starts very odd and sometimes she cranks for a solid 5 secs before it starts. Had the tune done after adding long tubes, comp 270 cam, ported heads (all new valve train) 6.4 intake rails and injectors. Cam timing hasn't been adjusted in the tune, anyone care to take a look i would appreciate the feed back.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by moparsoldier85; 04-28-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Try multiplying your Startup Base table by .35 and Startup INJ PW Scalar by 2.32.

Senior Tuner
    when does it do this, on hot restarts or cold?

It doesnt matter if its cold, hot outside or cold start or warmed up. Its odd like it starts but cranks for a few secs or even up to about 10 sec before it catches and starts. Happens very rare but just curious where to even look.

Senior Tuner
    Its going to be startup inj pulsewidth table

Advanced Tuner
    How is fuel pressure at startup? Is the system losing pressure and has to prime?

Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    How is fuel pressure at startup? Is the system losing pressure and has to prime?
    Fuel pressure is solid

Quote Originally Posted by richhurley View Post
    Try multiplying your Startup Base table by .35 and Startup INJ PW Scalar by 2.32.
    Adjusted to these settings and it cranks for a good 10 sec trying to start but doesnt. Had to adjust back

I believe i figured it out. The tune i had unfortunately paid for from a shop didn't adjust anything in my cam timing so after reading through 06300CSRT8's post about adjusting the cam i tried that and so far it seems to be starting and even running better.