Thread: MDS not turning off

Tuner in Training

MDS not turning off

I go to disable the mds system in the tune but when I go to scan it its saying its active=yes.
    Is the vcm editor have a bug in it right now?

Advanced Tuner
    Are you running beta VCM, if so uninstall VCM and reinstall the lastest non-beta version. Rather than selecting disable, I prefer to keep the switch enabled but instead max out the minimums to 127mph so MDS does not kick on.

Tuner in Training
    I've tried the beta and the non beta. The jeep has and after market cam in it and I deleted the mds.

Senior Tuner
    Aside from the PID reporting "yes" any other symptoms its doing any harm? Might just be a fluke based on removing the solenoids, if i recall correctly the default mode is ON, so any short or reason the system cant work properly (like removing harness) the ECU is in MDS mode. I could be wrong.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by zack723 View Post
    I go to disable the mds system in the tune but when I go to scan it its saying its active=yes.
    Is the vcm editor have a bug in it right now?
    So I just checked my manual challenger which does not come equipped with MDS and the PID shows it is active. Could just be an HP tuners/PCM thing, kind of like how on my JGC all VVT switches show disabled but you can see VVT is working by monitoring the cam angle.

Tuner in Training
    Ok I'll check that out

Tuner
    The flag definitely stays active all the time in the scanner. Seen it on every single one ive done MDS delete on.