Thread: Newbie LTFT and STFT question. Auction LS3 Vette with uknown cam and 60# injectors

Potential Tuner

Newbie LTFT and STFT question. Auction LS3 Vette with uknown cam and 60# injectors

Hey fellas!

Trying to learn more about HPTuners and figure out this base tune. I purchased a Wrecked Insurance 2010 Corvette GS with the LS3 dry sump motor.

Repaired the front end cooling and lines. Got the car started and realized it has a cam. Found the previous owner miraculously through facebook and was told it was procharged on 93 with methanol , 60lb injectors and FI custom ground BTR cam (unknown profile). They pulled the procharger and I bought it at insurance auction site unseen.

SO>>>
    -Previous owner wasn't able to tell me BTR cam specs
    -I see the injectors are etched with "60" on them and previous owner say they were DEKA 60lb
    -Car has SLP intake, all stock exhaust, BTR Cam, and presumed 60lb injectors
    -I had my tuner send me a base tune for 60lb injectors and a aggressive FI cam so I can at least start the car and prepare it for a dyno tune

Problem>>>
    -Car starts and idles
    -At idle my LTFT are +24.5 and STFT bounce +/- 3-5
    -My tuner is away for 2 weeks and can't get back to me to help adjust the base tune file he sent

Any tips and advice where to move forward to try to get the LTFT in better shape? Any way to confirm what injectors I have?
    Im just trying to get the car driveable so that I can repair any other damage before we put it on a dyno!

Any help is very appreciated! I bought HPtuners with the license so I could gain some knowledge in something Im new to.

Advanced Tuner
    well to start out you need to post up your current tune and a log file if you wish to have further help. it is often better to get ahold of a stock file and redo the tune off that given that there are alot of unknowns. to figure out the injector situation youll have to pull them and check for a part number or replace them with a set that you know are what they are. i rec injector dynamics injectors but they are however a little steep in price but there are other manufacturers to choose from. with out the tune file im unsure what is being used for primary fueling. maf or vve? but id say add 20% fueling to whichever is being used for fueling calculations and it will get you in the ballpark

Potential Tuner
    This is the base tune that I was given and this was a idling log that I made.

Really appreciate any input. As far as the injectors, if I can confirm that they were DEKA 60lb any reason not to keep them?

Any reason I need 60lb injectors on a cam only LS3 with intake? or would I never exceed the output of stock 42lb injectors if could get a set to swap in?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    not at all. as long as they supply your build with enough fuel go for it.
    looks like your tune is set up for blend mode where it uses both maf and vve for fueling which is fine but to properly tune the car you need to tune each by themselves. there are plenty of threads about tuning maf/vve to get you started. but just to start out just add 20% to the maf and see if the trims get better in line. if not add a little more but also dont exclude the possibly of a vac leak either or weak fuel pressure and shit but if everything is working normally you will just need to tune the airflow models.
    better to have more fuel then not enough and you dont want to work the injectors to hard if you dont have to. the higher up in the duty cycle the harder the ecm has to work to maintain control so if its all the same just keep the higher flow injectors

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for replying and taking a look at the files. Really appreciate the help.

I will give the +20% fuel to the maf a shot and see how the trims adjust.

I'm in Chicago as well. South Burbs Lockport/Homer!

Advanced Tuner
    same for me about the south burbs/oak lawn. putting the car in maf only mode is easier and quicker to get the tune in order or go speed density mode only or you can upgrade to a 2 bar os to gain an actual ve chart instead of dealing with the vve tables. the choice is yours on that obviously. i run maf only