Thread: rough start but idle smooths out & no 2 BAR OS Upgrade available to me

rough start but idle smooths out & no 2 BAR OS Upgrade available to me

supercharged gto with NW102mm throttle body. car is tuned to stock only thing I have done is literally double the VE table values and MAF low frequency. everything else is like stock in tune file.

see the scan file.

for some reason my tune file does not give me the option to go Speed Density with 2bar OS upgrade. its like it doesn't even exist as an option it only shows MAF patch as option. problem is the maf patch is not enough for the level of boost running thru this vehicle. Suggestions? any way to reset a PCM on HPTuners to see if that fixes my problem?

starts rough but then idle stabilizes.hptsuccessful idle problem with start up.hpl

Not to make fun of you or anything but I think you should have looked a tiny bit harder at your file.

The vehicle details page says it already has the 2 bar OS applied. You would also notice that you have a "boost VE" under the airflow tab, as well as boost enrichment under the PE tab.

You can fail the MAF sensor if you wish and go full speed density no problem.

One thing to note, this computer has a fuel injector limit of 63.5lb/hr. If you have larger injectors you need to do the work around to proper configure the data.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Also verify you have the right settings in place for your MAP sensor, your KOEO showed like 106kpa. Perhaps your linear and offset settings are wrong for the MAP sensor you are running.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Not to make fun of you or anything but I think you should have looked a tiny bit harder at your file.

The vehicle details page says it already has the 2 bar OS applied. You would also notice that you have a "boost VE" under the airflow tab, as well as boost enrichment under the PE tab.

You can fail the MAF sensor if you wish and go full speed density no problem.

One thing to note, this computer has a fuel injector limit of 63.5lb/hr. If you have larger injectors you need to do the work around to proper configure the data.
    The tune has been scaled for larger injectors. I input my data for my fuel injector clinic 1000cc injectors. I scaled engine displacement and MAP/MAF readings according to my calculated scale multiplier. First time doing so but I think I got it right. I have set my tune to run open loop according to the guide that HPTuners has in the stickies section for e40 PCMs. Although I have followed these steps and the GTO should be running on speed density alone it isn't. The DTCs are not reflecting the MIL and the car runs significantly worse with the MAF disconnected. Suggestions?

Aparantly this car HAS 2bar OS and MAF Patch applied simultaniously

That may be a factor. how can I rescale the MAP sensor. I read somewhere its about messing with the offset but how?

It's easier to scale the injectors with the double stoich/half the IFR/IVT method if you ask me. Then tune in lambda.

Set the MAF dtc's to MIL on first error and set the MAF fail high to 0hz or 2hz and 1hz if those E40's have a high low setting.

That is, if you plan to run speed density only. If you really did double the primary VE values, that could be a cause for poor running. You shouldn't have to do that if all the data is correct in the tune, to get you started anyway.

The MAP sensor settings is determined by what sensor you bought or that is already installed. The Linear and Offset settings MUST match the sensor. When applied correctly your KOEO map reading should be roughly 100kpa at sea level and less if you live at elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's easier to scale the injectors with the double stoich/half the IFR/IVT method if you ask me. Then tune in lambda.

Set the MAF dtc's to MIL on first error and set the MAF fail high to 0hz or 2hz and 1hz if those E40's have a high low setting.

That is, if you plan to run speed density only. If you really did double the primary VE values, that could be a cause for poor running. You shouldn't have to do that if all the data is correct in the tune, to get you started anyway.

The MAP sensor settings is determined by what sensor you bought or that is already installed. The Linear and Offset settings MUST match the sensor. When applied correctly your KOEO map reading should be roughly 100kpa at sea level and less if you live at elevation.
    It did cause the GTO to run poorly. Turns out I didn't set the maf frequency values to allow for speed density. once I did so there was an improvement. I reverted the VE table back to stock and now the car starts and idles perfectly. Getting ready to tune part throttle.

I live in south FL local barometric pressure is 101.5KPA my MAP is slightly off at 105KPA but that is using the data provided for this MAP. If anyone can recommend a good map with reliable accurate data it would be appretiated.VE halfed.hptVE halfed.hplVE halfed.hptVE halfed.hpl

See if adjusting the offset to 8.00 helps with the KOEO map reading.

You also need to remove the 1 bar MAP channel because the max it can read is 105kpa, so if it's pegged at that it's likely higher than 105kpa just sitting there. Replace it with the 2 bar MAP channel and see what you get.