Thread: 2015 Chevy Express 2500 4.8 Speed Limiter

Potential Tuner

2015 Chevy Express 2500 4.8 Speed Limiter

Hello,

I am working on subject vehicle that a customer purchased and it currently is governed at 77mph. I pulled the tune and found that speed limiter by fuel was 77mph. I changed that to 98 and source to calibration. I then flashed the PMC and TCM calibration and the vehicle is still limited to 77mph. I have dug though all of the engine and transmission tabs in an attempt to find another limiter but I am not able to. I then changed the enable RMP to 7,000 in an attempt to disable the speed limiter altogether but again the vehicle is still limited to 77mph.

I am attaching the tune file I pulled from the vehicle as found. I am also attaching the tune file with the above mentioned changes.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Blake

Senior Tuner
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Alvin - Tried your tune file and unfortunately the vehicle is still limited to 77mph. When the vehicle reaches about 75mph it will up-shift and drive as if you lifted your foot off the throttle or set the cruse control to 77mph.