Thread: 2020 TT GT Dying

2020 TT GT Dying

2020 5.0 10r80 trans. On3 Low Mount turbos.

Fuel pump recently went out, Replaced it and had to redo my MAF transfer curve because the fuel pressure was dropping out before and I did not notice it.

Recently it has been colder here and I picked up a killing problem. The car starts and runs, full throttle feels great, fuel is always spot on at WOT.

If you flash the gas too fast it will die out, if I bring up the rpm to activate the transbrake it will die, and sometimes just driving around it will die, always restarts.

The log labeled 30-150 is my first WOT pull after the new fuel pump, car ran great but threw a code P0101 and wrench light at the end of the pull, you can watch the source pids change.

The other Log and Tune are from today and good examples of the killing.

30-150.hpl

JAMES GEN3 V1.2.1,1 E70 25%blend, 2step timing, speedo2, shift 68,72,77,77, hold 6th, maf6, tipi.hpt
    Dying.hpl

Here are some more examples of the car dying. Made some tune changes to no avail.

Also thought that maybe my WOTBOX was having issues so I took it off and bypassed it, 3rd drive is with it removed, no difference.

Any thoughts appriciated.

die while driving.hpl

dying while driving 2.hpl

JAMES GEN3 V1.2.2 E70 copy e85 V2.hpt

dying to hooters 3.hpl

Tuner in Training
    You need to work on your Maf table.

If you look at the dying to hooters 3 log which is the latest. The maf doesn't look too far off.

Tuner in Training
    Just because the fuel trims are not showing positive does no mean its not lean. The lambda is 1.31 before it dies. What size is pipe is the maf in?
    Last edited by turboanything; 02-06-2022 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by turboanything View Post
    Just because the fuel trims are not showing positive does no mean its not lean. The lambda is 1.31 before it dies. What size is pipe is the maf in?
    I believe it's about 3 inches.

Multiple spots in the log you can see when the car is dying that I am pushing the gas pedal, but getting no response. Tried to richer up the maf down low and made no difference.

I don't understand what is telling the throttle plate to close and why I am getting this dead pedal.

Tuner in Training
    Thats a torque calculation problem. Your load is higher then driver demand.

I went back a few revisions and the problem went away. Im working on adjusting the maf today and tomorrow. I must have made some change somewhere that it did not like, not real sure what it was.

currently working.hpl

JAMES GEN3 V1.1.1 E70 29.5 skip back to 1.6.22 fix maf and di blend.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheriot View Post
    I went back a few revisions and the problem went away. Im working on adjusting the maf today and tomorrow. I must have made some change somewhere that it did not like, not real sure what it was.

currently working.hpl

JAMES GEN3 V1.1.1 E70 29.5 skip back to 1.6.22 fix maf and di blend.hpt
    its likely the torque and inverse tables, use your stock tables to see if u notice the improvement(it wont make power but will drive better)

I can sell you a good working tune to start with.