Thread: wideband not matching

wideband not matching

Little history first, I run std hptuners, always use latest software version (not beta). I use an aem 30-300 and have it wired through the a/c, worked great last fall, hptuners matched the gauge.

Fast forward to this spring, only change is I believe I updated the software version (not beta), and now the two do not match, hptuners shows lean, I did not make any changes either to the gauge or to my hptuners on my tablet.

The parameters in hptuners is "(2.3750*[7101.10])+7.3125", I got this info from the gauge instructions.

Any ideas?

You'll either have to slightly alter it to match or the sensor is slowly on it's way out.

If the sensor has some miles on it or it was sitting for long periods of time, I'd just replace the sensor to make sure that is good.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks for the reply, I just don't see why I would have to play with the offset to match the gauge, I didn't want to do this in case the gauge/sensor was bad, I won't be doing any tuning until I have this sorted.

I have tested the sensor by sitting it in gas and reads rich (8.0) and then back out and it goes dead lean, also did the air calibration which says it passed. Cruising, the gauge shows stoich and all seems normal, even my PE shows what it should be, very odd.

I will try a new sensor though, I don't mind having spares!

Every wideband I've run through the EGR or in this case the AC pressure sensor, I've had to alter the offset to make it match closer to what the wideband gauge itself it reading. This was when setting up new sensors.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Which I did, and it worked great all of last year, but I am curious if I should alter it again, is this normal as the sensor gets older? I've never known about this, I figured the offset was good and either the sensor worked or it didn't.

I am going to order a new sensor just to try it out too, I'd like some piece of mind.

Tuner in Training
    I'm having an issue with NGK AFRM. it reads 15.00 on the actual gauge but in my VCM scanner its reading like 17-18 any idea what it might be??
    (Input/0.3636364) + 7.625 = Output

Change the 7.625 to make it match. Try 7.325 or 7.925 or whatever to see what gets you closer.