Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2500-3000 rpm weird lean condition 2014 ctsv

Advanced Tuner

2500-3000 rpm weird lean condition 2014 ctsv

Have you guys with ctsv's seen this lean condition between 2500-3000 rpms? Does anyone know what causes it? You can see the fueling seems to become a little unstable around those rpms
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    Is the fuel changing in reference to the o2 changes or due to another input? Could you have exhaust leaks? The screen shot does not allow for one to play the log. A log, charts, and some more setup info would be helpful.

Advanced Tuner
    I chased this for a while thinking I could fix it. No such luck. Didn't matter what I did- VVE boundaries with blended tune, maf-only with tuned VVE, maf-only with stock VVE, etc, etc. It always goes 0.03-0.05 lean (lambda) when you go through the 2500-2800 zone. I'd love to hear the fix if there is one. Others have had the same issue on this forum with no reported fix.

Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    I chased this for a while thinking I could fix it. No such luck. Didn't matter what I did- VVE boundaries with blended tune, maf-only with tuned VVE, maf-only with stock VVE, etc, etc. It always goes 0.03-0.05 lean (lambda) when you go through the 2500-2800 zone. I'd love to hear the fix if there is one. Others have had the same issue on this forum with no reported fix.
    the quick jagged changes in your 02 value are a missfire but that is only from your WB data, your NB02's dont show it however that may be due to them being at the lean side already.

From the looks of it, it's one cylinder missfiring for whatever reason. Could it be overall general lean missfire? I doubt it. Where is the WB placed compared to your stock 02's? Left side, right side, looks like it's one or the other, not both.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 04-27-2019 at 10:33 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Advanced Tuner
    I was hoping someone who was smarter than me would have been able to fix it...lol. I tried everything you did too, maf only, vve only, blended and i still get it every single time...dammit.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    the quick jagged changes in your 02 value are a missfire but that is only from your WB data, your NB02's dont show it however that may be due to them being at the lean side already.

From the looks of it, it's one cylinder missfiring for whatever reason. Could it be overall general lean missfire? I doubt it. Where is the WB placed compared to your stock 02's? Left side, right side, looks like it's one or the other, not both.
    If it was a missfire I would think i'd be able to feel it right? I have test pipes with my NB O2s in the locations that are on the pipe and my WB is in the 2nd bung on the drivers side. Passenger side 2nd bung is just plugged with one of the NB02 I'm no longer using (the one used for Cat testing).

Advanced Tuner

Here is a snapshot of me into PE..I have seen these jagged edges ever since I installed the wideband. Car doesn't feel like it's misfiring at all. Next time i log i will log cylinder misfires to see if you are correct
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    I can't attached the log because it's too long...is there a way to shrink it or cut some of the drive off?

Use the +/- icons to zoom in to the duration you want to show (default is 30s each time a log is opened), then go to Log File > Export Log File, save the selection as a new filename.

screenshot.28-04-2019 13.56.35.png

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Use the +/- icons to zoom in to the duration you want to show (default is 30s each time a log is opened), then go to Log File > Export Log File, save the selection as a new filename.

screenshot.28-04-2019 13.56.35.png
    Awesome, thanks for showing me that. I will do that and get the log posted

Advanced Tuner
    I've confirmed that those areas aren't misfiring. I realize the easiest way to fix this is have the map trigger for PE come in sooner, but that still doesn't explain why the car goes lean in this area. Especially when the maf/vve are within +/-2%. Any other seasoned LSA tuners have a fix for this?

Advanced Tuner
    2500 rpm lean condition.hpl

Here is a clip of that lean condition happening again. It's not the same log as the screen shot i took, but it shows the problem I'm having. Does anyone know if it has something to do with the o2 sensors switching voltages?? I'm just guessing here...

Advanced Tuner

I've logged misfires while going through that rpm band and there aren't any. I currently have b & b test pipes so my wideband is in the driversides 2nd o2 bung while the 02 sensors that control CL fueling is in the stock locations of those test pipes.

Advanced Tuner
    Just chasing a theory here while grasping at straws: has your car ever been tuned with a SCT tuner?

Advanced Tuner
    Just chasing a theory here while grasping at straws: has your car ever been tuned with a SCT tuner?
    Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated. I don't think it has though. When I bought it back in 2015 and pulled the tune last year it had the stock tune in it

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    log your inj PW and check that i dont see your file but maybe dynamic enable disable in those rpms?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    log your inj PW and check that i dont see your file but maybe dynamic enable disable in those rpms?
    They are actually in the channel list, but i didn't have them shown in the scanner. My dyn. setting are lower than that. I'll post my current tune shortly
    Last edited by sgod1100; 06-12-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    current tune... thanks guys for the help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    Here is my inj. PW shown in the scanner..doesn't look like anything weird going on in to my novice eyes

Advanced Tuner
    Here's another log that's a little longer that you guys can take a look at that includes my inj. PW