Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2500-3000 rpm weird lean condition 2014 ctsv

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    fix your VVE there is a lean pocket if you look closely around the cruise area. also if its cammed work on your EOI
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    fix your VVE there is a lean pocket if you look closely around the cruise area. also if its cammed work on your EOI
    Stock cam. My vve is disabled by the time this lean condition is happening

Advanced Tuner
    So I just tried to see if this lean condition happens in OL and it sure does....

Advanced Tuner
    Any other ideas?? I even put the stock tune back in (including the ID850 injector data) to see it was something that I did and that lean condition is STILL there. Could it possibly be a clogged injector?? I'm grasping at straws here....

Advanced Tuner
    Current tune and log
    Attached Files Attached Files

How is it doing with the ZL spark table?
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Advanced Tuner
    honestly it feels alot better...i mainly did it because in the mid range area they have alot more timing. So I decided to give it a go. I'm happy with it and probably will stick with it. Just remember I copied only a portion of that table..my high load areas I left alone since I'm running a 2.35 upper

I may try it also. What range did you use? I know high load would be a no go... With the crappy 91 gas an AZ I am limited anyway. Will be moving to MO in a few weeks and am looking forward to 93 again.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Advanced Tuner
    Just out of curiosity, try zero-ing everything under the prediction coefficients heading on the airflow/dynamic tab. My weird lean issue wasn't presenting exactly the same way as yours, but killing ALL of these predictive coefficients seems to have fixed it with no ill effects. I just got this figured out today with my tune (thanks to jsllc for the guidance in the right direction), and can finally move on with my tune. Maybe it will fix your issue as well- can't hurt to try.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, try zero-ing everything under the prediction coefficients heading on the airflow/dynamic tab. My weird lean issue wasn't presenting exactly the same way as yours, but killing ALL of these predictive coefficients seems to have fixed it with no ill effects. I just got this figured out today with my tune (thanks to jsllc for the guidance in the right direction), and can finally move on with my tune. Maybe it will fix your issue as well- can't hurt to try.
    unfortunately I've tried that already and still have the same weird jagged afr issue. I wish it was that easy for me...lol

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    I may try it also. What range did you use? I know high load would be a no go... With the crappy 91 gas an AZ I am limited anyway. Will be moving to MO in a few weeks and am looking forward to 93 again.
    Basically where that big hump is in the timing graph is what I used. I don't have my tuning computer with me but I can give you more exact values when I get home from work

Please do. I out of town until next weekend anyway so I can't make any changes...

Thanks!
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe