Thread: l67 e85 stumbles and dies after wot pull.

l67 e85 stumbles and dies after wot pull.

Car was dyno tuned by a respectful tuner. I did a scan and i can try to point out the issue,s I notice that anytime i am off the throttle the iac go to 0 but if the car is on a wot pull when i let off the throttle it stays at 0. if i touch the throttle a couple times i can catch it before it stalls and kills the engine. last year if i ran a bigger pulley it would not do it only if i dropped pulley size. Lets say from a 3.5 to a 3.2. Also it also has a miss fire while accelerating i would catch the spike drop out on the log. correct me if i am wrong but does the crank senor send the signal to the icm? would that be why i see the dip in the log. I do have a wide band installed and was also tuned using one. gauge shows 14.6 cruising and 11.8 during PE. thank for any info. monte carlow slow down engine stall.hpl2001 monte carlo 3.8 sc on e85.hpt
    Last edited by Onomoto; 04-28-2019 at 09:34 PM.

No takers?

Solved. Got ahold of tuner and advised me to adjust the base airflow manually because hpt does not support the v6 like the v8s. Adjusted the throttle stop to gain about 50 -75 rpms. 500 miles and have not had one problem.