Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calibrated Success GEN V Training Videos

Thanks for all the support, fellas! We're working on some additional content right now to go even deeper into torque model and idle tuning on these. Flex fuel is also on the hit list.

Advanced Tuner
    Great DVD!!
    I have two questions, first one will I need to tuned first the MAF then the VVE table?
    Second one, if decide to stay on VVE open loop can I?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the new video Greg, just ordered one.

Are you still doing live classes, haven't seen any announced for the Fort Worth location in a while. Would like to get a new shirt too.

Jon

Tuner in Training
    After watching the video, I wanted to give a little review. The video is great and explains a lot in pretty good detail. Being very new to tuning this is not where you wanna start though. I was hoping for a video going step by step on what is needed to tune these gen v cars. Not knocking this video or the content at all, its good knowledge. For anyone just starting I wanted to warn them so they had an idea whether this was a good starting point or not. Personally id start somewhere else then you can give this a try.
    Hope this helps someone.

Potential Tuner
    Just purchased a copy. Thank you.

Ordered a copy.. will be here Friday, thanks.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Just ordered my copy! Yay! LOL!
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner in Training
    Ok so simple question, and yes I messaged Greg already. Who knows how to tune the trans and also my 2 step? I would rather learn then go to shop but even the shops are all turning it away saying they are unsure or would need to see it. Thanks

As I replied to Bill (1slow1500), I'll update the readers here too: The BEST thing to do in order to get the transmission to operate correctly is feed it a valid torque number from the ECM. This is exactly what we cover in the BluRay here. If you feed the 8/10speed transmissions the right torque number that actually matches what's going into the converter from the crankshaft, the trans will shift smoothly at the commanded shift point. Then, it's a simple adjustment to the desired shift speed (MPH or RPM) to change when it happens and perhaps even smaller tweaks to the inertia factor for firmness.

Be Warned: don't bother trying to fine tune firmness through inertia factor if you are lying to the TCM about torque. That's a great way to burn up a modern clutch-to-clutch transmission, even at light load. The trans has adaptives that will attempt to bring it on target, but those ASSume that the torque number is close. You MUST get the ECM torque in the ballpark if you think the transmission is going to operate smoothly.

As for using an outboard box to generate a two-step function, that's completely outside of the ECM. The ECM doesn't know what the outside box is doing, so you're on your own calibration-wise there.

I watched all of the training Friday night. I learned a lot about the gen V platform in a way that was easy to understand which was very nice. It's hard to find GOOD info all in one place as it seems most of it on the internet is from internet experts and changes depending on whether you're looking at posts from 2015 or 2019.

However, my biggest complaint was the lack of real world tuning examples. The only thing I recall actually being shown tuned was the same MAF/VE tables that were done in previous videos as well as a little info on copying/pasting fuel injector data in. While virtual torque was explained, I didn't see any examples of it actually being tuned, which was disappointing given how important that clearly is on this platform. Same for the driver demand table. I don't quite understand why examples weren't really shown for these items.

Maybe I fell asleep and missed them? It was quite late when I watched the videos and I was def. dozing off a time or two.. I will be happy to update or delete this post (if preferred) if I just missed them somehow and am mistaken.

edit: as noted below (and above!) more content is be added in these areas
    Last edited by schpenxel; 06-24-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    While virtual torque was explained, I didn't see any examples of it actually being tuned, which was disappointing given how important that clearly is on this platform. Same for the driver demand table. I don't quite understand why examples weren't really shown for these items.

Maybe I fell asleep and missed them? It was quite late when I watched the videos and I was def. dozing off a time or two.. I will be happy to update or delete this post (if preferred) if I just missed them somehow and am mistaken.
    Did you miss this eariler?

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Thanks for all the support, fellas! We're working on some additional content right now to go even deeper into torque model and idle tuning on these. Flex fuel is also on the hit list.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Did you miss this eariler?
    I did miss that. My bad.

That will help immensely once added

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you Greg once again!

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks again for the kind words, guys. We quoted a few of you in a recent Facebook post. Look for more GenV content from us soon.

https://www.facebook.com/26511975366...524587&sfns=mo
    HI Greg. Do you have an estimate on how much this additional content is going to cost? $200+? Not really a concern since I will be putting this info to very good use real soon. Oh... Received my DVD today. I cannot wait to watch it when I get home. I've turned down too much money because I didn't know about the DI stuff.

Thanks again!
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    HI Greg. Do you have an estimate on how much this additional content is going to cost? $200+? Not really a concern since I will be putting this info to very good use real soon. Oh... Received my DVD today. I cannot wait to watch it when I get home. I've turned down too much money because I didn't know about the DI stuff.

Thanks again!
    It won?t be $200. We will have smaller, individual segments, each at a lower individual price on the upcoming streaming channel. We are very close to launching that, and we already have some new unseen content ready to go there in addition to all of our existing library.

Tuner
    Received my copy today as well! Will be watching it these next few days.

Thanks Greg for the good info in the Blue-ray
    I have one suggestion
    please we need a practical example for N/A and for FI gen V showing the effect of modifying the SOI and EOI according to the aftermarket cam card and how that will affect the fuel
    I will be the first to order your next videos but I hope it will show more practical examples not just theoretical ones

It won?t be $200. We will have smaller, individual segments, each at a lower individual price on the upcoming streaming channel. We are very close to launching that, and we already have some new unseen content ready to go there in addition to all of our existing library.
    This is what I've been waiting for, thank you.

Sounds awesome. I'm sure to be spending more money on your content if you add more virtual torque and DD info.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock