Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calibrated Success GEN V Training Videos

Calibrated Success GEN V Training Videos

For those who didn't see it on Facebook, we have recently released our GenV Calibration Training on BluRay Disc. It is currently available directly through our partner at Detoit Technical Media HERE.

This release features 2 1/2 HOURS of instruction. We used practical examples with HPTuners software from a 1000+hp demo vehicle to do Virtual VE, Virtual Torque, Torque Based Throttle Control, and DI fuel system controls. This content is held to the same standard as our previous Calibrated Success videos and should be a huge help to those looking to understand exactly how these new control systems work. No village wisdom, no BS, just an experience OEM calibrator explaining both the physics behind the system and a practical way to get it to work right for you, even at high power.

Awesome to hear.

I remember listening to you on the Power and Speed podcast sometime last year about this. Sadly they haven't done a show in many many months, so I'd wondered when it was going to come out.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Just ordered. 😍😍

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    For those who didn't see it on Facebook, we have recently released our GenV Calibration Training on BluRay Disc. It is currently available directly through our partner at Detoit Technical Media HERE.

This release features 2 1/2 HOURS of instruction. We used practical examples with HPTuners software from a 1000+hp demo vehicle to do Virtual VE, Virtual Torque, Torque Based Throttle Control, and DI fuel system controls. This content is held to the same standard as our previous Calibrated Success videos and should be a huge help to those looking to understand exactly how these new control systems work. No village wisdom, no BS, just an experience OEM calibrator explaining both the physics behind the system and a practical way to get it to work right for you, even at high power.
    Greg you are the best, do you attend Sema?

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Awesome to hear.

I remember listening to you on the Power and Speed podcast sometime last year about this. Sadly they haven't done a show in many many months, so I'd wondered when it was going to come out.
    Thanks, we have even MORE stuff coming, largely based on questions we see repeated (and yet unanswered by anyone who understands the material), so hang in there and we'll have ore of what you're looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedabri97 View Post
    Just ordered. ����
    THANK YOU. We are trying to make sure these orders are going out as quickly as possible. You should already have received a note from Dave on shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by obd2 View Post
    Greg you are the best, do you attend Sema?
    Unfortunately not SEMA (at least regularly). I occasionally show up for the SEMA/EPA meeting there but my focus has been on PRI every year.

Advanced Tuner
    Does this video cover the transmissions also?
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    No

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    No
    OK Thanks
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Very well done!!! Greg thanks for making the video...great info on SOI and modifications with cam design, Tq model discussion, cam lobe modification, etc

I learned these systems a couple of years ago by accident they require GMVE adjustment regardless if attempting to disable dynamic airflow and using MAF only..

Always learning, look forward to more info in the future

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Just ordered.
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Well, actually, IT DOES. The absolute first step in getting any modern transmission to run and shift properly is to feed it a valid torque number from the ECM. You'd be surprised how well they can adapt if you're not lying to them about input torque. The video shows how to get a real number for VVE and then Virtual Torque, which are both absolute prerequisites for transmission calibration where I come from.

I used this exact method to fix drive quality and shifting on a client's 1000hp package last summer where the previous tuner ran out of options trying all the "old methods" to fix it without going back to the basics and fixing those. My way had it running 100% better in a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Very well done!!! Greg thanks for making the video...great info on SOI and modifications with cam design, Tq model discussion, cam lobe modification, etc

I learned these systems a couple of years ago by accident they require GMVE adjustment regardless if attempting to disable dynamic airflow and using MAF only..

Always learning, look forward to more info in the future
    Thanks again. See above regarding the importance of getting VVE, combustion, and torque right on these cars. Yes, we will definitely have more material coming. We have already filmed part of it recently...

Tuner in Training
    Can you elaborate on VVE Tuning and displaying the data in lambda error like I see it in your video. I have followed your lead for 10+ years and own all your videos. Would be nice to have a copy of your channel list for VVE tuning as well as your graphs and charts you prefer. Btw the video hits the nail on the head on having the manufacturers correct injector data. I fought for over 100 hrs an idle issue with those super expensive injectors in 20-30 degree weather. Ended up pulling them out and going back to LT4 and added Meth...Alot of meth.

Advanced Tuner
    Ordered looking forward

Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

I ordered and watched the video and did get some useful info out of it, I mean even if you only get one really meaningful useful item out of the whole thing that affects your calibration in a positive manner, isn't that worth $200 on its own? Yes of course it is!

So if you haven't been tuning these cars since 2013 like many of us have been, this DVD will change your life. If you have been tuning GenV stuff for several years there is still some info in there that no one has discussed yet and you can put to use.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    I ordered and watched the video and did get some useful info out of it, I mean even if you only get one really meaningful useful item out of the whole thing that affects your calibration in a positive manner, isn't that worth $200 on its own? Yes of course it is!

So if you haven't been tuning these cars since 2013 like many of us have been, this DVD will change your life. If you have been tuning GenV stuff for several years there is still some info in there that no one has discussed yet and you can put to use.
    What subject did it pertain to?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Tuner in Training
    Anyone wanna sell their video? Thought I'd ask first before ordering new.

Quote Originally Posted by squish72 View Post
    Anyone wanna sell their video? Thought I'd ask first before ordering new.
    sorta bad manners, IMO. ;-)

give your money to greg instead. he put the work in and he doesn't get any residuals from preowned transactions.

Tuner in Training
    Okay no problem with that. Thanks for the heads up.

edit: Ordered the video from Greg. Cant wait to get it
    Last edited by squish72; 05-22-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Just order my copy. Can't wait to get it Greg!