Thread: VVE zone question, found nothing definitive on a search.

Potential Tuner

VVE zone question, found nothing definitive on a search.

Newbie here tuning my 09 CTSV E67 via the LTFT STFT method, no wide band currently on the car, mods are full exhaust (headers/offroadpipe/Corsa sports), and Corsa cold air.

No problems setting up the tune to data-log or data-logging but when I go to change the VVE I get,

"The following zones: 17 23 29, are not supported by the data provided. Consider changing your axis to include the range of all the zones boundaries for the calibration. Calculating the coefficients with incomplete data could result in undesirable data."

And those zones are missing. My E38 Avalanche has it all there though.

What's my next move so I can add my changes and flash it? What do I have to alter?

Edit: and yes I set up my histogram axis and column to match the VVE table but those zones aren't on my VVE

E67.jpg
    Last edited by quick455; 04-29-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    You need more space/distance between your zone boundaries because the zone is too small.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by quick455 View Post
    Newbie here tuning my 09 CTSV E67 via the LTFT STFT method, no wide band currently on the car, mods are full exhaust (headers/offroadpipe/Corsa sports), and Corsa cold air.

No problems setting up the tune to data-log or data-logging but when I go to change the VVE I get,

"The following zones: 17 23 29, are not supported by the data provided. Consider changing your axis to include the range of all the zones boundaries for the calibration. Calculating the coefficients with incomplete data could result in undesirable data."

And those zones are missing. My E38 Avalanche has it all there though.

What's my next move so I can add my changes and flash it? What do I have to alter?

Edit: and yes I set up my histogram axis and column to match the VVE table but those zones aren't on my VVE

E67.jpg
    increase your map axis by clicking it and picking a higher limit. I had your same exact problem and just needed to increase the axis limit

Advanced Tuner
    or you can manually alter the axis to what ever you would like

Potential Tuner
    So I did some research and found I should be able to set it up with ZL1 zones and then entered my stock VVE tables into it. So I did that and it gave me all the zones I was missing. Haven't flashed it yet and drove it but I will soon. Hopefully this takes care of my issues and I can start to get the fuel trims in check
    Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled4.jpg
    Untitled5.jpg

Potential Tuner
    Just took it out for a ride to datalog and that seems to have done it, thanks for the help.

I tried just manually setting them up but I just didn't like how it was coming out but the ZL1 zones seem to work.
    Last edited by quick455; 04-30-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Tuner in Training
    nice this helped me also thank you

A VVE zone search landed me in this thread, and the ZL1 zone tables cured a troublesome CTSV cam tune right nicely. Thanks for taking the time to share this info.

Quote Originally Posted by quick455 View Post
    So I did some research and found I should be able to set it up with ZL1 zones and then entered my stock VVE tables into it. So I did that and it gave me all the zones I was missing. Haven't flashed it yet and drove it but I will soon. Hopefully this takes care of my issues and I can start to get the fuel trims in check
    Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled4.jpg
    Untitled5.jpg
    Did you copzy ZL1 zones and paste into into your zone table? Then just copy vve table from my car to new vve zone map? Just trying to make sure I got this right