Thread: LS3 Hard start cold.... Need to crack the throttle

LS3 Hard start cold.... Need to crack the throttle

GM Cruise and Connect LS3 / 6L80 package. On a cold start up the engine starts and dies. It seems to fix the problem if you just slightly crack the throttle on start up to give it a little extra air. Runs great after it started and no other issues, only does this on a cold start. The engine does have GM's "hot cam", no details on that but it does have a noticeable idle.

What can be done to the tune to correct this issue?

Increase minimum airflow
    2006 Pontiac GTO
    M6
    Flex Fuel enabled
    FIC1000 shorty Injectors
    DW300C Fuel pump
    UPP GTO Auxiliary fuel system
    BoostDistrict LSA Conversion
    BTR Stage 3 PDS Torque cam and kit
    Kooks Longtube headers with High Flow Cat mids
    BoostDistrict LSA CAI with LS7 MAF module
    Mickey Mouse Catch Can
    Hinson 1/2" lowered Engine Mounts
    Magnaflow 3" Cat Back Competition Exhaust
    PLX DM-6 Wideband
    Turbo Technologies Full Flex fuel Tune

Thank you.

Any more info before I get started on it. How much should I increase it, and will that have any effect on my idle once then engine is warmed up.

Tuner in Training
    You need to adjust the startup airflow. In there is where you adjust startup airflow for ECT. Do a 20% gain from around 60deg and below and a 10% for above 60deg. If the RPM's flare high or hang too long then slowly start backing the numbers down.

Update:

I adjusted the idle table. Increased rpm 20% below 60deg and 10% above.

Would this be the same as "startup airflow", or is that an additional setting? Sometimes I seen people post wording, or recommendations for settings that doesnt exactly match what I have in my software. I assume this is related to what version people are using?

Anyway, with the above adjustment the truck starts normal sometimes, and sometimes it doesnt. Its only an issue on the first cold startup after its been sitting for several hours. Runs and drives great all other times, no codes set. IAT and coolant temp look normal when this does act up.

thoughts?

There's a start up airflow and base running airflow table. Base is to keep the car idling and startup is self explanatory. If you're still having troubles sometimes, I'd up the start up table another 5-10%