Thread: 10r80 and 6r80 LID time and Resume time

Potential Tuner

10r80 and 6r80 LID time and Resume time

This is a newer field. Does any one know the difference between the 2 fields ? This has to do with the time the trans defaults back to the base shift map after using the paddles in ?drive? ?

I am interested in this as well because I notice that my shift ID stays in paddle mode longer than the values in the fields above.

Senior Tuner
    LID time is lever in drive time. Think of it like a minimum, if you enter this mode with out moving the pedal it will only be in this mode for this amount of time.

Resume time allows you to extended the length of time in the mode as long as you are moving the pedal. Once you stop moving the pedal for this time is goes back to normal. All this with leaving the shifter in drive.

Shifter in S with a paddle press, you can think of as a max, as the time becomes indefinite.

I think the only exception I have found to all this is decel. I can press a paddle in D during decel and it will hold the gear until I touch the pedal or select S then D again.

Thanks for the description. Makes sense now since the pedal moving is part of the equation.