Thread: EECV - Super lean at start up only - Fuel Enrichment Table Location Question

Tuner in Training

EECV - Super lean at start up only - Fuel Enrichment Table Location Question

Hey guys,

I am working through an issue where the vehicle (2002 Mustang GT - Heads - Cams - Blower) is super lean only at cold start up.

Its not cranking table fueling issue as it fires up strong but within a few seconds (maybe 4 - 6 seconds) whatever fueling tables take over create a very lean condition for 10 - 15 seconds until the PCM makes its fuel adjustments and gradually drops it right down to the commanded AFR entered in the MAF transfer table. Once settled down to that AFR it can maintain a smooth idle indefinitely.

I have been working with writeups specific to other software where they are using Fords table names not referenced in HPT and I think I am not locating the correct tables as I have yet to make a real dent in this after a week.

Can anybody kick me in the ass towards the correct enrichment tables for fuel enrichment just after startup ? I have not been modifying the base and cold start lamda tables. They are commanding correct lambda. Im just not seeing it.

Anybody with a cross reference for these :

fuel_table_base-OL
    fuel_table_stabilized_OL
    fuel_table_startup_OL << Where in HPT ?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Advanced Tuner
    Does it have a transient tab?

Tuner in Training
    Hi

Yes it sure does.

Transient - Trapped Fuel, Valve Temp and Evaporation Rate are the included tables .

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the tip.

I played with the valve temp and evaporation rate tables last night right up to maxing them out and none seems to really enrich the fuel after startup meaningful amount. It seems based on the descriptions and function they would help slightly but this does not appear to be the EECV startup enrichment table.

The X vs Y axis being Time vs ECT are the same but the table references to the trapped fuel table and not the cold and base fuel OL tables. Or I am missing something ?

Advanced Tuner
    Can you post your file or what these tables look like?
    Have you changed intake manifold volume?
    I had cam, full bolt on mustang that would lean stft 50% after start up. I delayed closed loop to keep it in open loop longer and adjusted transients but this car does not have the same tables you mentioned.

Tuner in Training
    Hi

Sure thing. Here is my tune file. Thanks for having a look.

I started a support ticket for the missing STARTUP FUEL ENRICHMENT TABLE (fuel_table_startup_OL ) - Ticket 171521 as well.

I did scale manifold volume by .425 to match injector and maf transfer table scaling.
    Attached Files Attached Files