Thread: 98 camaro on E85 Help!

Potential Tuner

98 camaro on E85 Help!

Hello All,

Sorry to sound like a Noob, but im not having luck on HPTUNERS. Car is a 98 Camaro, it has a forged LS3, Heads are milled .050, Ls3 injectors and Ls3 Card style MAf from a 2011 camaro, 100mm TB MAF housing and 104mm Lid, 6speed.
    I got it to run a little smoother, it was leaning out after I got this new engine, last engine was a 6.0, with ls6 top end also E85 only. Seems like its running a little rich now after entering LS3/LS7 injector data, which is 42 pound injectors.
    MAF reads .033 at all times.
    can someone steer me in the right direction here, thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 98KILLACAMSS; 04-30-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    need to figure out your maf issue to start with
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

Potential Tuner
    If only I knew were to start, any ideas?

Wiring or something. You had to wire it up, so something is off there. I've never switched to that MAF sensor before so I couldn't say why it's not reading.

Get a wideband so you really know what the fueling is like, there is no guessing with this stuff. Grenading an engine because you didn't know how the fueling was, would be a pretty dumb way to go.

In the mean time you can revert to speed density and tune it that way, then work on the MAF. You need to calibrate both VE tables anyway. Read up on secondary VE and how it works because it won't use the primary table when put into speed density.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I have a AFR gauge installed on the car already, reads around .790 to .850 at idle and slow city driving, im working on doing SD to figure this out, thanks. im actually on it now as we speak, ill update soon