Thread: checksum million dollar question lol

checksum million dollar question lol

what does it mean (check sun) ? I can flash (write) but cant read tune.
    learning

radio

Quote Originally Posted by tww$ View Post
    what does it mean (check sun) ? I can flash (write) but cant read tune.
    i also have my factory radio
    learning

any one
    learning

found the problem .Can some one please tell me how to remove (OS LOCKED) UNDER SECURITY KEY. there are 3 option unlock /os locked/tuner locked. option says double to change.All that does is change it from os locked to tuner locked .need to go back to unlock . HELP
    learning

Advanced Tuner
    Has the vehicle been tuned before?
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

YES I have several tuned vehicles .I opened another and double clicked os square .now its the same way they went from unlocked to os locked or tuner lock only 2 option,no more just unlocked
    learning

YES I have several tuned vehicles .I opened another and double clicked os square .now its the same way they went from unlocked to os locked or tuner lock only 2 option,no more just unlocked
    So you're saying HPtuners is locking any ECU you flash to on its own with out you physically locking the ECU from the OS tab in the editor?

If so i would contact HPtuners directly as thats a pretty nasty software bug.

what I am saying once I click calibration detail icon . its say security key unlocked if I double click its says os locked. double click to change .then only to options is os locked and tuner locked . no more unlock option
    learning

Senior Tuner
    OS Locked means it has had a custom OS applied. And when asking for help you could at the least state the vehicle type and year.

2001 Silverado
    learning

2001 Silverado
    can some look at this log .and tell why is reading 105 kpa at idle and high cylinder air mass on start up
    Attached Files Attached Files
    learning

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    can some look at this log .and tell why is reading 105 kpa at idle and high cylinder air mass on start up

no we can not. the tune which you haven't shared, tells us the calibration information which is the typical source of map errors. the second of which is wiring which is all on you and your ability to source a diagram and trace the harness to their proper locations.

you shouldnt be toggling the tuner lock feature. if you locked it yourself it asks for you to make a password. no changes can be made until its unlocked again with that created password.
    if by chance you didnt tuner lock the ecu but it is locked when you got to it, then you need the password to unlock it which means you need the tuner who tuned it last to supply you the unlock password.
    if you cant unlock it then you need to have it factory reset by a dealer tool.

open your ecu information window. find the operating system value. if it states enhanced os then you dont have a factory calibration installed but as another user mentioned, you would have a custom os applied.
    if this is a 2 or 3 bar os and you have a 1 bar map sensor installed or any combination thereof where the sensor map range doesnt match the os range....then its likely you map calibration data is incorrect which is also a source of erroneous map sensor readings.

Are you new to tuning? you sound like a person who is starting with little knowledge of gm ecu's and i fear you have a pile of reading and learning to do.

this forum is not a fast responding information center. posting 2 or 3 times a day to reset your post will not help you here. Set a thread notification so you get email updates about posts to your thread and subscribe the thread to your forum account. if you dont hear back by the start of the second day...try posting a bump then. typical replies average between a day or two at the longest for most issues.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 05-01-2019 at 07:39 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    no we can not. the tune which you haven't shared, tells us the calibration information which is the typical source of map errors. the second of which is wiring which is all on you and your ability to source a diagram and trace the harness to their proper locations.

you shouldnt be toggling the tuner lock feature. if you locked it yourself it asks for you to make a password. no changes can be made until its unlocked again with that created password.
    if by chance you didnt tuner lock the ecu but it is locked when you got to it, then you need the password to unlock it which means you need the tuner who tuned it last to supply you the unlock password.
    if you cant unlock it then you need to have it factory reset by a dealer tool.

open your ecu information window. find the operating system value. if it states enhanced os then you dont have a factory calibration installed but as another user mentioned, you would have a custom os applied.
    if this is a 2 or 3 bar os and you have a 1 bar map sensor installed or any combination thereof where the sensor map range doesnt match the os range....then its likely you map calibration data is incorrect which is also a source of erroneous map sensor readings.

Are you new to tuning? you sound like a person who is starting with little knowledge of gm ecu's and i fear you have a pile of reading and learning to do.

this forum is not a fast responding information center. posting 2 or 3 times a day to reset your post will not help you here. Set a thread notification so you get email updates about posts to your thread and subscribe the thread to your forum account. if you dont hear back by the start of the second day...try posting a bump then. typical replies average between a day or two at the longest for most issues.
    may be you didn't read my whole post .I cant write tune .truck has been running fine.i have several tunes . I don't know which one is it .because I just been flashing.i would have posted tune if I knew it was taking the flash.No I have just started tuning ,I stumble just like anybody else. talking to people like there ignorant is not good for this site .couple of my friends have already about your comment.replies like yours is people are why people are turning to other sources.That what I am being told by people on ls1 tech who are selling there hp tuner
    learning

here's what just happened....
    1) i commented information regarding what your post is missing to get help for your previous comment.
    2) i notified you as to why your lack of said item prevents you from receiving help
    3) i gave you valuable information regarding a feature that will cause more issues if you by chance were dabbling with that feature to try and fix your issues.
    4) your wording about what you are doing and experiencing is not exactly clear as you can be having issues with two sections of the programming that use similar wording but act totally different.
    5) to cover the second base case i also gave you information regarding the types of os upgrades to back up another members comment on upgraded os features.
    6) i tried to find out your level of tuning experience because i needed to verify my initial assumption (you are very green to this tuning software and possibly tuning in general), this way i can further your assistance by recommending valuable threads that i know the locations to instead of telling you to use the forum search.
    7) your post frequencies are off the charts for this place...so i notified you of the typical response time on the forum so you know when a lack of response is getting to an abnormal time frame. i also added to this by offering ways to keep track of the thread you created so you can monitor its replies.

all i did here was offer you information and ask questions to further your support. the reply i made was a text response in a vernacular that maybe isn't as common for you as it is to me and that's why your panties are all bunched up. You cant take every reply as a negative one. If you wish to continue turning replies into a negative response then by all mean go somewhere else where the people make you happy. I offered help now its up to you to do whatever you want with it.

my last piece of advice to you will help you once you get to tuning on a consistent basis...that is after you get your current issues completely sorted.
    1)start with a bone stock file.
    2)make one modification at a time and record log file for each change in the editor so you can match it to your changes. You should be recording 'cause and effect', where the cause is any change you make and the effect is any log variances from the previous recording to the newest recording.
    3)if you dont have a wideband you should get one because fueling will cause 90% of the issues you will run into later down the road.
    4) read up on ve tuning, maf tuning, the difference between settings for open and closed loop operation, and idle airflow and/or idle tuning in general.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    may be you didn't read my whole post .I cant write tune .truck has been running fine.i have several tunes . I don't know which one is it .because I just been flashing.i would have posted tune if I knew it was taking the flash.No I have just started tuning ,I stumble just like anybody else. talking to people like there ignorant is not good for this site .couple of my friends have already about your comment.replies like yours is people are why people are turning to other sources.That what I am being told by people on ls1 tech who are selling there hp tuner
    Haha ha. Good luck man.

SMH mr cobalt .if you consider 70 post in 4 years off the chart really .which 90% have been different cars. If you looked at my post they have you will see .THEY have got way more views than answers .Following my post instead of just replying you will have seen my truck has been tuned for over 6 years .This was a new problem . I would not have know issue if i had not been trying to help another member with injector data. I must have done something right its makes over 700 rwhp and still has the quickest e.t at local track for quickest street vehicle .And most of my post i figured out the problem myself or either some one hit me up in a pm .or a friend who not a member here .i worked on a lot of cars .Not 70 post on one car. I guess your near 4000 post have all been just ANSWERS /NO questions .
    learning

I don't know where all this stuff about post count came from. I didn't question your car, I didnt question the power you've made, and i don't read into people's post history because I'm too busy building chassis and motors to allow to sit here and troll through some users entire life on the forum. Where was all this information about the truck and its history in this post? Useful information for a place full of users who don't know every build in the world.

I didnt even know I had 4000 posts. You see I came here in 2005 under a friends account and when I got addicted to tuning I made my own a few years later. If you though I didnt have questions over 10+ years you are surely mistaken. The forum isn't a place to be famous over view count...that's you tube. Here you ask questions and hope for an answer or you post an answer and hope it helps out. Since you cant see the potential help I offered I guess it's not working out for you.

Good luck in your adventures.

you must still under your friend account, you posted this above reason 7.
    learning