Thread: 90mm tb

Potential Tuner

90mm tb

Installed 90mm etb and fast intake on 07 Silverado 5.3/hot cam/flat tops. Vehicle already tuned by tune shop before but now dies on start up. Newbie here so be easy on me lol .What and where should I look to make adjustments. had a 78mm on it before.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cswh View Post
    Installed 90mm etb and fast intake on 07 Silverado 5.3/hot cam/flat tops. Vehicle already tuned by tune shop before but now dies on start up. Newbie here so be easy on me lol .What and where should I look to make adjustments. had a 78mm on it before.
    You need to start by changing the ETC scaler. Then log and make adjustments to the VE table.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah I was looking for ETC scaler but did'nt seem to find it. I will look again.
    Last edited by cswh; 05-01-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nkluchkovskiy View Post
    You need to start by changing the ETC scaler. Then log and make adjustments to the VE table.
    It's more than just the VE, alot more.

Starting with the airflow tables is where you need to be. These computers use both the MAF and VE if you still have the MAF, so both of those needs to be gone over again. Once regular idle and driving is good on fueling, it'll make idle airflow and timing tuning much easier. You may need to give it like a touch more base running airflow to help it out.

Invest in a wideband if doing this yourself or take it back to get tuned again.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Good deal. Thanks