Thread: New Toyota Tables

Tuner in Training

New Toyota Tables

If there are new tables/scalars etc added for a platform (in this case, Toyota Tundra), do we need to do a fresh "read" (I know the ECM cannot be actually read, we are only provided with a compatible stock file) on the vehicle to see the latest tables? Or can we just open a file for that vehicle using the latest VCM Editor? I ask because the latest file I have for a 2010 Tundra I've been working on is from late October, but I've never seen any new tables or functions available with the latest VCM Editor updates. Hoping to squeeze more out of this thing.

Tuner
    Newly defined tables/maps will appear on previously "read" files so long as the version of VCM Editor/Scanner contain updates that define additional supported content. The parameters are a part of the read file, but defined (or unlocked) via the VCM Editor software.

For my own curiosity, is there anything specific you're looking to do or change beyond what is currently defined?

Tuner in Training
    Just trying to get better performance out of this Tundra. I've tried messing with timing, fuel, variable cam settings, torque management, but was only able to gain a few horsepower overall. Fuel mileage didn't increase any, either. I see there are guys out there using other software seeing noticeable gains, which makes me curious as to how many tables have yet to be defined in HPT. For example, it surprises me that there's nothing for DFCO in these ECMs.

Tuner
    I come from the Tacoma community, and we're seeing some pretty significant improvements (calibrated butt dynos) and have made quite a bit of progress tuning both N/A and Supercharged applications.

What Year truck/Engine are you working with? If you'd like to post your current tune file, I'd be happy to look it over for you.

Tuner in Training
    It's a 2010 Tundra with the 5.7L. Here's the latest revision I'm running.
    10.25.18_ShiftPts_ShiftPress.hpt

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by braxtonslade View Post
    It's a 2010 Tundra with the 5.7L. Here's the latest revision I'm running.
    10.25.18_ShiftPts_ShiftPress.hpt
    I leaned out your PE EQ and smoothed out your timing maps a bit. It's should help out a little in the power department and smooth the truck out a bit. Get a datalog with some cruising and a WOT pull or two and I'll see if I can't help get a little power out of it.10.25.18_ShiftPts_ShiftPress_PEEQ-Smoothed.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDSM View Post
    I leaned out your PE EQ and smoothed out your timing maps a bit. It's should help out a little in the power department and smooth the truck out a bit. Get a datalog with some cruising and a WOT pull or two and I'll see if I can't help get a little power out of it.10.25.18_ShiftPts_ShiftPress_PEEQ-Smoothed.hpt
    Did you see the file in the Toyota Repository Thread? if so and you make any changes can you re upload your tune? I'm trying to get a nice little library going.