Thread: Knock Sensor Changes in Editor Not working?

Knock Sensor Changes in Editor Not working?

Im trying to make my knock sensors trigger all the time, I built a stand alone display and I'm playing with couple of the PIDs so I want to see alot of knock to test it. All that works find and dandy.

I thought by changing the knock sensor settings in editor and flashing, I would start it up and see lots of knock retard in scanner, but I have nothing. It shows 0.0, I dont think it's any more sensitive than it was before. not even a little bit.

Did I go the right way here? I raised the 12960 Knock Sensor Treshold from 2ish to 50, that did nothing so I changed 12970 and 71 "knock threshhold Init" and "Min" way down, more than half for both.

Shouldnt these changes make the ECU think there's knock all the time? I get none in scanner, shows 0.0. I do get Burst Knock at tip in, but that is not what I'm talking about.

I really want to make sure Editor is still working, or if I'm doing something wrong or have something somewhere else not set right.

Thanks!
    166 Knock Sensitivity.PNG
    166 165 with knock sensors made very sensitive.hpt
    Last edited by 10_SS; 05-02-2019 at 03:04 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Advanced Tuner
    Higher numbers in the multipliers mean less sensitive. Take them down to a very low value and you should get all sorts of knock.

Tuning Addict
    ^^^^^
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Hey Greg!

Yep lowering them worked much better, maybe I should read the description a little better, it even says its a multiplier that raises the knock threshold.

Thanks for the quick reply sevinn! I get by with a little help from the forums

It makes for interesting data having them 0’d with the other changes mentioned, I get random 0.1-1.0 retard while running, and louder engine noise like knock show up as bigger spikes. kinda looks like a scope connected to the sensors.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    Hey Greg!

Yep lowering them worked much better, maybe I should read the description a little better, it even says its a multiplier that raises the knock threshold.

Thanks for the quick reply sevinn! I get by with a little help from the forums

It makes for interesting data having them 0’d with the other changes mentioned, I get random 0.1-1.0 retard while running, and louder engine noise like knock show up as bigger spikes. kinda looks like a scope connected to the sensors.
    Happy to help I think we've all learned a good bit from these forums, especially from GHuggins!

Hope your project turns out well!

Tuning Addict
    Thanks for the compliments guys. Glad to see your still chipping away at the ol' Camaro Dan My new career path is killing me on the time it's eating up and after all of the crooked bull I went through with the previous employer, I've been staying away from tuning other than some side work I help shops out with... I am considering and have been asked by a few to write a tuning book with things like injection timing and other more advanced items in it. Haven't given up on it, just haven't had time... Hope all is well with everyone else on here.