Thread: How to tell whats pulling timing?

How to tell whats pulling timing?

Fixing things slowly. Only have driveway to tune at this point due to impassible roads. Seems to drive fine when not stomping on the throttle. If i ease into the throttle then stab it, it will respond much more smoothly. It appears when it stumbles its pulling timing. I dont see any burst knock and no KR. Yes, ive adjusted PE to come on much sooner.

Stumble.jpg
    Last edited by 99whitews6; 05-02-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have any knock in those cells? Post tune file. What is the actual spark advance in the cells your hitting?
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-02-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Last edited by 99whitews6; 05-02-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Another extreme example. First blip was in neutral warming up a bit. Second blip was punching it.

4.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    on the screen shot you have posted your commanding 14 degrees which is what is in the cell for 2800 rpm/1.28 cylinder air mass - i see reducing spark at times during accel which seems to happen during a shift which is typically normal to help with shifting
    under spark advance. go to minimum spark and put those values to to like 5 degrees or something for base,torque management and reduce engine power and see if it helps any
    base is allowing up to -10 advance, torque management is allowing up to -20 advance and REP is allowing -15 advance
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-02-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks for this. Maybe we dont have the same tables. Where are you finding base down to -10, TM down to -20, and REP (?) down to -15?????

For perspective. The feeling is similar to my 408 stroker and forgetting to hit the Traction Control button before a stomp to disengage TCS. These pulls studder/hesitate to the point you lunge forward in your seat. Its not a scanner visual.... its stops accel in its tracks.

Advanced Tuner
    its under spark/advance/Right column at the bottom under minimum spark

Thanks. Whats the risk (other than detonation) if i just zero those 3 tables out?

Advanced Tuner
    nothing as far as i know. now that doesnt mean put 20 degrees in there. all they do is allow timing advance to go down to that value during those certain conditions not saying they will go to the negative -10 or -15 advance but more so the ecm will be allowed to do so if it wants. dont let it lol. you may also have to mess with some of the trans torque management as well, possibly

Well, i logged with TMA and its definitely the problem. Its a one for one offset when advance cliffs off and TMA jumps up. How the heck do i shut this off? No knock during the cells when TMA is there.

tma.jpg

Just went in and change all TM settings i could find to disable, including trans calculations to 10KPA map disable and same result. Any thoughts on what tables i need to change to get rid of TM? Once i figure it out i can slowly add back in until its not pulling so much.
    Last edited by 99whitews6; 05-05-2019 at 01:19 PM.