Thread: Books???

Tuner in Training

Books???

Would the Coyote cookbook also be applicable to Cyclone? From the files for Coyote I've looked at, I see most of the same tables and setting. Anyone have experience tuning both motors that has used this book?

I don't know about the crossover, but I don't think the Coyote Cookbook is worth the money.

It's full of giant suggested changes, with no explanation in many cases. The descriptions frequently clash with HP Tuners documentation.

When I reached out to the author to clarify a few very specific questions left unanswered by his book, I got the line "we don't provide tune support". I explained that I was not asking for "help with my tune". I was asking why he suggested a certain change, and what affect it would have. He told me I should be thankful for him writing the book.

Nice.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    I don't know about the crossover, but I don't think the Coyote Cookbook is worth the money.

It's full of giant suggested changes, with no explanation in many cases. The descriptions frequently clash with HP Tuners documentation.

When I reached out to the author to clarify a few very specific questions left unanswered by his book, I got the line "we don't provide tune support". I explained that I was not asking for "help with my tune". I was asking why he suggested a certain change, and what affect it would have. He told me I should be thankful for him writing the book.

Nice.
    I think the price should have been lowered since it doesn't ever appear to be updated and everything in it is outdated due to HP Tuners changing and/or new items added to 11-17s. I don't expect it to change that often but 1 revision in 4 years could have been on the table for new buyers. I mean I bought my cookbook this year...
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Advanced Tuner
    I think it's a good starting point for the absolute beginner. Where one can learn the layout and beginner basics.
    If you want to learn the most, the forum has the most information for no price.

Books?

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    I think it's a good starting point for the absolute beginner. Where one can learn the layout and beginner basics.
    If you want to learn the most, the forum has the most information for no price.
    this forum as mentioned one of the best places to get info from & usably what ever problem that you may encounter someone else has possibly had it & there may be a post here regarding it

for me as I'm still learning these coyote's & did buy the cook book & the Tuning School book & found that you really need to take them both in but inevitably the info from here & some of these more experience tuners is priceless.

cheers.

I regret buying the Cookbook. Some of the information is flat out incorrect, with a lot of it being outdated. It would seem the book was written based on previous modular tuning experience and then trying to apply it toward the Coyote.

You'll pick up more from the forum.
    2013 Mustang GT - Twin Turbo
    2016 Mustang GT
    2011 Suburban Z71 - Tow Machine

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys for sharing your perspectives, opinions and experiences. Much appreciated😁