Thread: Noob Question AFR Command

Advanced Tuner

Noob Question AFR Command

Help a newbie out guys, Ive been fumbling my way around and trying to figure things out on my own and been ok with most, but mine question is that im trying to find where it says what my commanded afr is located within the hp tuner and cant find anything that would closely ressemble what im looking for other than a bunch of multipliers. closest I could get was my first picture but I know that's not correct and just cant seem to find what im looking for as it relates to what the car whats for afr. So if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be a huge help.

2015 dodge charger scat pack 6.4
    100 shot (never used yet still learning)
    Screenshot (3).pngScreenshot (4).pngScreenshot (5).png

Advanced Tuner
    There isn't one table that states commanded AFR. Commanded fueling is a combination of Stoich, PE and a variety of other multipliers. For example, at WOT commanded fueling is primarily FA Stoich + PE. Note that AFR = 1/FA. Below are 2 links that describe dodge fueling.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ghlight=stoich
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?63224-Basic-Dodge-Fuel-Tuning-Options-and-Steps&highlight=stoich

Now if you want to know what your PCM is commanding you use VCM scanner.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Homer, no doubt ive got alot to learn. Who does everyone recommend for training on this stuff? The tuning school?? Or some one else

Advanced Tuner

Tuner
    Tuning school has helped me but mostly the people here

Realtuners does live and Virtual Dodge tuning classes. Now...ummm I have a question for you, why have you done the flex OS patch? You should probably unpatch it go from there. FF isn't very tested on the 392 cars and you are asking for trouble as there is a mountain of tables that need to be properly populated for it to even come close to working, and no offense, but based on your question here...I would say a flex tune is not something you should attempt. Again, no offense just trying to help.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks again homer on the link will definitely get to reading them, and Blue Bee im not sure what lead you to think i was tuning for FF but its not the case.. Just trying to learn the program and how to find and set up certain items and couldn't figure out how dodge did there afr.. Im far from trying to tackle something like that. And no i have not done the flex fuel patch yet, no offense taken by what you said just here to learn...

Advanced Tuner
    I don't tune for a living...nor do I want to....but I bought the HP tuners intro to dodge tuning (5.7 and 6.4) but to be honest most of the information was already covered on the forum. Actually the info in the book is repeated several times as there are 3 sections...tuning NA, tuning heads/cam and tuning FI. The example is a 2015 charger with cam/heads/headers and FI. Basically each section is a repeat from the last one with minor additions as to which tables need to be changed. There really is no explanation as to why changes need to be made and if you are looking for trans tuning, there is little to nothing. In fact, the book mentions a trans tuning book which I assume will be released at some later time.

BTW one of our forum members in Challenger forum went to one of the hands-on classes in Florida and said it was more helpful than the book. Hard part is remembering everything that was discussed.

I have had HP tuners for over a year and I must say the whole learning experience has given me a new respect for tuners...and I can see why some don't want to disclose all the details on tuning dodges...as there is a learning curve.
    Last edited by Homer; 05-06-2019 at 10:22 AM.