Thread: P59 3 bar OS help.

Tuner in Training

P59 3 bar OS help.

I have a 2007 classic That can only do 2 bar, Is there any tricks to get a 3 bar OS into it? i downloaded 20 plus tunes and none have 3 bar or if they do they are not compatible OS numbers so segment swap is greyed out. I NEED MORE BOOSTS!2007 white WT stock file.hpt

Nope, what you see if what you get.

It's always a toss up on what you get with certain years and OS's. Your only options are to either switch to a different OS from another vehicle that has 3 bar or switch years to like a 2006 if things with your truck are compatible. I think the APP/TAC/Throttle body run the same parts for 2006-2007, but may need to double check that so you don't get any REP issues. I know for a fact that 2003-2004 use different parts than the later years.

Or you can just deal with the fact that the tables stop at 15psi of boost. You can go beyond that with ease and still make it safe most of the time. You'd just make sure your last row of cells for fueling is where you want it and it will carry on past 15psi. Same with timing, stick with a single value and it should continue with that number.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    How do I find out if the 2006 van ecu that I have will work? Or I think I have one for a 2006 Sierra also. Is it a $100 gamble or is there some where I can find info? Thank you!!

Tuner in Training
    Also, I mentioned that to my tuner. He doesn?t like tuning them like that because errors can happen.

P59 VE table resolution is already bad enough at 2bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPDkrnxaMVc
    Skip ahead to 06:26 to hear about a P59 unicorn OS that keeps the stock VE table and adds a separate Boost VE.

Tuner in Training
    do some pcm have better resolution if they don?t have flex fuel?

Not that I seen with the P59's but I haven't seen every calibration.

The P01 computer always got better resolution because the P59's wouldn't have enough room in the file size.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.