Thread: Need seimans deka 60# flow data

Need seimans deka 60# flow data

Folks,

I just got new injectors with my supercharger kit. Anybody have the flow data for these injectors? min pulse width, etc??

Thanks,

Tuner in Training
    https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...-107962-a.html

Post #21 of injector sticky thread is deka 60s

Quote Originally Posted by DMC36W View Post
    https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...-107962-a.html

Post #21 of injector sticky thread is deka 60s
    I saw that same file on the website of the vendor I bought my supercharger from, but the numbers are totally different from I was sent as a base tune file and from other data that I have seen, but not specific to the deka 60#ers......So are these number proven to work? Have you tried them?

Tuner in Training

60lb

Blue sierra no o2 sensors maf failed 2 bar egr.hpt this is from my old truck with DW 60lb

why is the flow rate 38 across the board? Confused....

Quote Originally Posted by tabbruzz View Post
    I saw that same file on the website of the vendor I bought my supercharger from, but the numbers are totally different from I was sent as a base tune file and from other data that I have seen, but not specific to the deka 60#ers......So are these number proven to work? Have you tried them?
    I only see 3 posts in this link. Did I even grab the correct data....

Advanced Tuner
    I had the same frustration when I was looking for Deka 80 injector data. The published data from Deka is in some sort of Ford PCM format from what I understand? I found a spreadsheet on here that takes that legit data and supposedly converts it to the tables needed for the LS1 PCM.

This data matched one of the versions of the Deka 80 data floating around on there (it did not match what was posted on the A&A site...quite different). I used the data calculated by the attached spreadsheet and it worked very well.

I know you're on the Deka 60, so I went ahead and added a SD60 tab with the published Deka 60 data. The output has a bunch of different format for various GM PCMs... it should be pretty obvious which ones apply to the LS1 tables. Paste those in and you might need to adjust the min fuel miligrams or whatever it's called in HPT (use Efilive)

Please double check my inputs/numbers... I did it pretty quickly and was a little distracted.

Ford to GM Injector Data Conversion R3.xlsx

[QUOTE=aaronc7;569835]I had the same frustration when I was looking for Deka 80 injector data. The published data from Deka is in some sort of Ford PCM format from what I understand? I found a spreadsheet on here that takes that legit data and supposedly converts it to the tables needed for the LS1 PCM.

This data matched one of the versions of the Deka 80 data floating around on there (it did not match what was posted on the A&A site...quite different). I used the data calculated by the attached spreadsheet and it worked very well.

I know you're on the Deka 60, so I went ahead and added a SD60 tab with the published Deka 60 data. The output has a bunch of different format for various GM PCMs... it should be pretty obvious which ones apply to the LS1 tables. Paste those in and you might need to adjust the min fuel miligrams or whatever it's called in HPT (use Efilive)

Please double check my inputs/numbers... I did it pretty quickly and was a little distracted.

Ford to GM Injector Data Conversion R3.xlsx

[/QUOTE

Wow, I appreciate the assist. What i do not see is the min pulse width. Is it there and I am just not reading it right? I just wish this info was readily available...I know I see min pulse width from a couple different sources as .125ms........But what I see used from various tunes is .808 or so.....That seems like a big difference to me. One that may or may not allow your car to idle or run properly, but I am just a back yard tuner with limited experience...

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah that value from the picture above is not directly used in that conversation spreadsheet.

The min pulsewidth value in the hptuners tables from what I understand is just the min pulsewidth that the PCM can command before applying various small pulse adjusts etc. I saw a good logic formula that broke it down how pw is actually computed, but I don't have it handy.

Anyways, the reason you usually need to change this is because if you don't you may end up super rich on decel etc.... With my 80 lbers I set this to like 0.012 or something in EFILive. I basically just removed that restriction. In your case you would probably lower it to 0.5 or even less no effect... stock value might even work OK. I can't think of negatives by lowering it a good amount.

The 1.391 ms min pw is probably just a good nugget of info to keep in the back of your head when tuning idle-- if the final computed pw is less than this you may run into issues getting a good idle or might have to run richer than stoich, etc.

M 80 lbers idle around 1.5 1.6 ms so you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    Yeah that value from the picture above is not directly used in that conversation spreadsheet.

The min pulsewidth value in the hptuners tables from what I understand is just the min pulsewidth that the PCM can command before applying various small pulse adjusts etc. I saw a good logic formula that broke it down how pw is actually computed, but I don't have it handy.

Anyways, the reason you usually need to change this is because if you don't you may end up super rich on decel etc.... With my 80 lbers I set this to like 0.012 or something in EFILive. I basically just removed that restriction. In your case you would probably lower it to 0.5 or even less no effect... stock value might even work OK. I can't think of negatives by lowering it a good amount.

The 1.391 ms min pw is probably just a good nugget of info to keep in the back of your head when tuning idle-- if the final computed pw is less than this you may run into issues getting a good idle or might have to run richer than stoich, etc.

M 80 lbers idle around 1.5 1.6 ms so you should be good to go.
    Sounds good...thank you. I will give it shot and see how it goes

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tabbruzz View Post
    Sounds good...thank you. I will give it shot and see how it goes
    How?d you make out with this data. I?m having the same issue trying to get good data for these injectors. Everything I see if different.

Advanced Tuner
    The datasheet above is the Ford Racing 60lb factory data. Plug it into the spreadsheet posted and it works very well. I have used it many time without issue.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning