Thread: Data interruptions/no 10hz indicator

Potential Tuner

Data interruptions/no 10hz indicator

I use track addict on my iPhone XS with a Bluetooth connected enhanced gps device for road course timing. The device is XGPS160. It has worked well. Lately however a couple of things are different. 1. The signal readout says ”good” but it doesn’t include the hz number. It used to say “10hz”. 2. I am getting what appears to be data capture interruptions. There will be many sectors on the track that the mph figure just stays exactly the same and then it gets caught up. This makes it difficult to compare laps. One thing I can think of is the fact that lately I have been putting the phone in airplane mode because phone calls would interrupt the lap timing and ruin my time. When I do this I be sure that I am still connected to the XGPS160. But I am wondering if, by putting on the airplane mode, that is why I don’t get the “10hz” indicator and am having this data lapse. Appreciate the input.
    Last edited by ECS; 05-19-2019 at 02:58 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Agghhh. I failed to do what one always should do....reboot the iPhone. Now the hz comes back and I would guess the data will be much better.