Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BIG Boost Hellcats. any ideas before i burn it?

Tuner in Training

BIG Boost Hellcats. any ideas before i burn it?

i have a 17 cat and a 18 demon. both cars on demon sensors. two different blowers with two different throttle bodies with the SAME problem. i can make 22 psi all damn day long. making about 1050-1080 tire with clean pulls the second that either one of them tries to make more boost (dropping pulley) it shuts the throttle on me at the end of the run then a limp mode (sometimes). i have raised every single thing i can find in the software. i have tried tricking it into thinking it makes less tq. i have tried 2 bar map sensors thinking it was a max boost thing. NOTHING works. what am i missing? has anyone managed to make more than 22 psi on a Whipple. i need ideas. i will pay anyone who helps me solve this because that will be cheaper than burning the shop to the ground. i have attached a log where you can see it closing at the end before.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Isn't a 2 bar map sensor only really good for 14 lbs anyway? Doesn't make sense that you'd be able to map out fuel for 22 lbs with a 2 bar sensor

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottgt21 View Post
    Isn't a 2 bar map sensor only really good for 14 lbs anyway? Doesn't make sense that you'd be able to map out fuel for 22 lbs with a 2 bar sensor

Yes correct. They can be mapped to account for extra fuel quite easily. Im just saying i have tried the 3bar and the 2 bar. The only reason i tried 2 bar was to see if MAYBE it was having a issue with seeing 26 psi. But it still does it regardless. So the 3 bars will be going back in it.
    Im just looking why both cars are ok on 22 but pcm shits on me at 26. Lol

Oh okay I was confused lol. Sorry I don't have any inputs

Tuner in Training
    you mind sharing your tune? i can compare it to my trackhawk. im only at 16psi for now but i dont seem to have this issue.

Senior Tuner
    likely an airflow or torque limit that either was missed or simply isn't mapped out in your tune. Does your torque source stay "pedal" during the shutdown? What does timing do during the shutdown?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    likely an airflow or torque limit that either was missed or simply isn't mapped out in your tune. Does your torque source stay "pedal" during the shutdown? What does timing do during the shutdown?
    the Tq source stays pedal the whole run and on the decel as well yes. timing stays commanded. just the throttle shuts. thank you by the way

Senior Tuner
    need a copy of the tune to review

Tuner in Training
    need a copy of the tune to review

Ill pm you if thats ok

Tuner in Training
    Sounds like cat-overtemp

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipDMan View Post
    Sounds like cat-overtemp
    No unfortunately thats all raised. Im starting to think its a hadware issue. I think that maybe the motor cant physically keep it open. Otherwise im still lost.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by just a nobody View Post
    No unfortunately thats all raised. Im starting to think its a hadware issue. I think that maybe the motor cant physically keep it open. Otherwise im still lost.

Potential Tuner
    Can you send me a copy of tune, I had this same problem on my sons stroked R/T with a procharger.

Tuner in Training
    Send me tune to [email protected] . I ran into the same issue on the dyno .

Does anyone have an answer for this? Running into the same issue with a Magnuson powered trackhawk...

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroGirl5 View Post
    Does anyone have an answer for this? Running into the same issue with a Magnuson powered trackhawk...
    Believe the answer is a three bar map sensor.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

I just did one 26psi on a whipple, but since you wont post a file how are we supposed to help

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    Believe the answer is a three bar map sensor.
    Believe all 2018+ hellcat/redeye/trackhawks come with 3 bars, not the issue.

Senior Tuner
    Bumping this back up, having this identical issue, on an older 2014 but running a hellcat setup. Hitting limp mode / throttle closing once I upped the boost to around 21psi.

Bumping this back up, having this identical issue, on an older 2014 but running a hellcat setup. Hitting limp mode / throttle closing once I upped the boost to around 21psi.
    could be transmission torque limits