Thread: 411 pcm swap 2000-2001

Tuner in Training

411 pcm swap 2000-2001 s-10

just did a 411 pcm swap on my 2000 used a 2001 from my old truck same everything from the 2000 also has 01 motor. I used this pinout sheet from a 2001 blazer - http://www.ppepower.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10180 but noticed i got a fe extra wires a couple 12v reference a bunch of low reference gessing grounds ?and some 4wd wires ?and maybe a couple more ill hav to number witch are the extras,and only 1 extra from the 2000 pcm witch is a ignition positive voltage. i got the truck running but its rough, havnt tried moving it in gear.also got no fuel gauge it shows empty? still need to wire knock sensor. any help much appreciated. 2000 with 2001 pcm.hpt19-05-04 13-55-53.hpl
    Last edited by duck4twenty; 05-10-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Tuner in Training
    its running good now but my speedo don't work and won't shift gears when driving, have to manually shift and only 1-2 work maybe 3rd but didnt try. I checked wiring and 00 has xtra speed output but 01 doesn't, I tried connecting both to one but still no speedo. any help much appreciated.

Sounds like your transmission has no electrical power and might be in limp mode. It won't shift on its own without a functional Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) that indicates the correct speed. You don't mention what transmission you are using but if its electronic, there are pin power checks that can be done on the fat transmission connector using a multimeter.

For me, it was a bad VSS in my 4L60E - no automatic shifting -- zero MPH all the time. This is an easily changed, thirty-ish dollar AC Delco part. This was very quickly revealed using a Bluetooth adapter to link my phone that had a Dash Command app that read speed. Torque Pro is another good app.

Rick

Tuner in Training
    Its the 4l60e and I'm having the exact same issues but I believe its gonna be the wiring cause before the swap truck was running fine. I'm trying to get a hold of LEXTECH but no luck. still searching I believe its something with a plug on the trans that needs to be directly wired to pcm.

Tuner in Training
    Found ground and the vss wire disconnected but now its reving high and climbing, i give it a little gas and it stays climbing and stays at that rpm dosnt drop? i pretty much been trying a few days now and might plug my old pcm back luckly i just spliced into it so i have both plugs for pcm.19-05-06 19-18-39.hpl2001 stock.hpt

All good had AIC wire was disconnected also. Truck runs well, just got to work on the tune.first run.hpl
    Last edited by duck4twenty; 05-07-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I think some of your problems might be the wiring diagram your using, but u didnt give details of your truck. If you truck is a v8 and your trying to use a blazer v6 wiring diagram then your issue lies there. Need to yous a 2001 v8 pickup wiring diagram. But I could be wrong your truck could be a v6.