Thread: 2006 Cobalt SS, Tunes/Runs fine in OL. Wont transition from CL to OL?

Senior Tuner

2006 Cobalt SS, Tunes/Runs fine in OL. Wont transition from CL to OL?

2006 Cobalt SS with cams, headers, sd60s, pullied down. Makes 15#s. Used the double stoich, 1/2 injector method. Tuned pretty well until I went to put it back to a closed loop tune. It bucks transitioning into boost, the injector pulse width goes to crazy high values. But in open loop it goes fine. I have attached pictures of the logs and the tune file.
    The only difference I have noticed is when I tuned in open loop I removed the narrow band o2 and set the temp enable to a point it couldnt reach showing"OL Not Ready". When in Closed loop going to Open Loop it shows "OL Accel/......".
    Anyone Know what my issue is?

Advanced Tuner
    You dont need to double stoich to run 60's. There is an injector spreadsheet floating around where you can use the voltage modifier to scale the injectors correctly. Personally for 60's I used SJSchafers' data and worked beautifully. It felt better than the spreadsheet data to me. Currently i'm on 80's myself using the spreadsheet data and it works well. Thats normal when going from closed loop to open loop/pe. Open loop/accel is you entering power enrichment
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-05-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    You dont need to double stoich to run 60's. There is an injector spreadsheet floating around where you can use the voltage modifier to scale the injectors correctly. Personally for 60's I used SJSchafers' data and worked beautifully. It felt better than the spreadsheet data to me. Currently i'm on 80's myself using the spreadsheet data and it works well. Thats normal when going from closed loop to open loop/pe. Open loop/accel is you entering power enrichment
    Ok, but why when in open loop going to wot it works great. Going from closed loop to wot does not.

Advanced Tuner
    Can you post a log file of the issue? I dont do open loop tuning because I had similar results on my own car with bucking and acting weird and it seemed to be going lean when i went back to closed loop so I just use fuel trims and get LTFT to a average of -5% and it has been fine ever since. I believe if you fail the car to open loop it's always going to say open loop not ready because it's always in open loop. Dont quote me though. And then going from closed loop to open loop/pe and it saying open loop accel is normal.

Tuner
    I will look at your tune if you upload it, maybe there is something you are missing?