Thread: 6R140 2017+ diesels

Tuner in Training

6R140 2017+ diesels

Can hp yank a stock tcm file out of the 2017+ trucks and mod them ?

i have a 2019 F250 diesel and have access to the TCM. unfortunately it didn't yank the file out, it was more of a gentle persuasion. i hope that will work ok for your goals.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    i have a 2019 F250 diesel and have access to the TCM. unfortunately it didn't yank the file out, it was more of a gentle persuasion. i hope that will work ok for your goals.
    What was the trick.

Tuner in Training
    any chances you wanna share a stock TCM file with me. I don't have a 17+ available atm to read

Here is ECM and TCM do you want just the TCM? You can view all the trans tuning options with this file.2018 F250 Stock.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    Here is ECM and TCM do you want just the TCM? You can view all the trans tuning options with this file.2018 F250 Stock.hpt
    Thanks fella, any tips on how to decipher the 1a-2m stuff
    Not sure what those are referring to

Tuner in Training
    Not sure what the shift pressure designations are referring to for the oncoming and off going clutch pressures. Where can I find some info on this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ocdiesel View Post
    Not sure what the shift pressure designations are referring to for the oncoming and off going clutch pressures. Where can I find some info on this stuff
    There are quite a few threads on this in the transmission forum. Basically oncoming is the pressure applied to the clutch engaging during a shift and off going is the pressure applied to the releasing clutch in a shift. I suggest reading up on this and knowing more before changing stuff. Not to sound disrespectful but it sounds like you are very new to this, which could be costly if you make the wrong changes.

I agree with what CKrueg said, but if your just trying to get it to shift with more power just change the tq limiter on the up shifts, but not much I've had great luck with changing them slightly, about 80tq worth at most. I also allow the truck to rev out to 3000rpm in first gear and it really grabs second gear nicely. Keeps the truck rolling out instead of short shifting around 2200RPM. It made a big difference.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the feed back guys, yes am fairly new to this and am just learning to navigate the software and what not
    Havent made any changes as of yet and wont until I can wrap my head around it all

Quote Originally Posted by ocdiesel View Post
    Thanks for the feed back guys, yes am fairly new to this and am just learning to navigate the software and what not
    Havent made any changes as of yet and wont until I can wrap my head around it all
    Smart man and smart choice! it'll start making sense with research and time, but sometimes making some small changes and logging them will help you understand what they do and how they work. Just don't change ECM 25116, it's on the torque model tab, named "level 2 offset", it will change something that won't flash everything back even when you undo the changes. It then won't allow you to fuel past 89mg. Going to file a support ticket and see if we can get it dialed in.