Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13 Coyote badly hunting idle

Potential Tuner
    I guess nobody is interested in helping with this issue?

Advanced Tuner
    not sure if you logged Idle speed Source & Idle Adapt (STIT) the values should be between -1.0 to + 1.0 max correction Airflow>Idle Airflow>Drive and P/N

So I played around with this today.

You can rule out anything with VCT. I built a tune using stock VCT settings and was still able to replicate this.

I don't want to switch from torque based idle control to dashpot, so I can try to see what the root cause is.

I'm going to experiment with the setting for the throttle response time for idle (I can't remember the parameter....I'll update this later). Maybe I can increase it without hitting the point of too much oscillation.

I'm pretty sure converting to dashpot would fix it, but I'm confident there is a way to change the torque based settings that would be much easier.
    2013 Mustang GT - Twin Turbo
    2016 Mustang GT
    2011 Suburban Z71 - Tow Machine

Advanced Tuner
    the problem is your effective throttle area

for starters go to the eta table and highlight all the cells in the first two columns and divide them by 2

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    the problem is your effective throttle area

for starters go to the eta table and highlight all the cells in the first two columns and divide them by 2
    I think you may be on to something here.

I'll experiment with this some more tomorrow.

Timing responds correctly and keeps increasing, but the throttle body stays closed after a lite tap and release.

The ETA is about the last table I haven't touched, so hopefully that opens the door.
    2016 Mustang GT

Ok, results of testing came up with squat.

This keeps making me more and more interested as I play with it.

Slow revs and release have no problem. It's the quick little taps that cause it to die. I have no idea why this fascinates me so much, but I'm addicted to solving it now.
    2016 Mustang GT

Try taking a log of it with this channels map:

6-15.Channels.xml

In for awnser having same issue on my vmp car

Tuner in Training
    Hi,
    I'm having issues with hunting idling with my VMP supercharged mustang. I've tried a lot of things, but I'm getting crazy right now. I took a log with the channels attached here, maybe someone can help me.
    Attached Files Attached Files