Thread: '17 1le Ve tuning

Potential Tuner

'17 1le Ve tuning

So I am pretty well new to tuning only toying with a few gen 3 trucks with bolt ons, and one gen 3 turbo build but decided to jump in head first when I purchased my '17 1le. Bought the car as an incomplete project, buttoned it up and got it running and have been working on the tune since. Engine mods are custom grind texas speed camshaft (228/240 615/635 116 if I remember correctly) lt4 injectors and hpfp, texas speed headers, custom exhaust with no cats and a CAI intake. I copied a zl1 file for all the fuel components and did the basic 60/80/90 to the vve table which got the car idling and moving around pretty decently. I have been working on the vve table since by ltft/stft logging and pasting by half percentage to each zone individually trying to take my time and sneak up on things. I feel as though I have been making decent progress but I noticed today the vve map looked absolutely horrendous in chart form. I spent some time smoothing it out a little which has seemed to bring the trims in a little better but I was just looking to share a couple files and see if I could get some opinions on if I'm on the right path here and if anyone had any suggestions.

One question I had unrelated to the vve tables was on idle timing, Every time I coast to a stop the timing drops to 10-15* of retard and slowly works its way back up to 5-10 degree advance which not only sounds terrible but causes the occasional backfire when it is way down in timing. I read the external load table was basically the only table that you could get an adjustment to idle timing out of. I was trying to hold off on making any changes to anything before getting the air models straightened out but its rather embarrassing driving this thing through town to get logs while sitting at stoplights popping out the tailpipes,so any insight on that would be greatly appreciated.

I attached two files, first being the file after 4 stft/ltft logs and changes to the vve where I had noticed that it was getting pretty ugly, Then the file after I spent some time smoothing it out trying to get a little consistency ("will it stick" tune because I felt I was just throwing some shit at it lol), as well as a log of a cruise to the gas station after smoothing the vve table. I know the trims show I still have some work to do here but just looking for any insight, advice, or point out any stupid mistakes that I may be looking over as a novice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for anybody willing to take a look!
    Attached Files Attached Files