Thread: 3.4l v6 any info on tunes

Potential Tuner

3.4l v6 any info on tunes

hi.....completely new to HPT and this style of tuning. I am old school carbs and cubic inches lol. Just wondering if anyone on here has any kind of info on what can be done with a basically stock 2003 Olds Alero 3.4l. I know not to be expecting any big hp gains but maybe more fuel efficient ....firmer shift points .....and of course anything that would and some hp. I dont have my MPVI2 yet but look forward to learning how to master it lol.

thanks for any help

Here is a tune from a 2000 Impala 3.4 you can look over and compare. I left the Ignition Timing Stock in this tune. Transmission tables are just as important as Engine tables to open up the driveability potential.

2000_Impala3.4_tuned.hpt

If you want more powder (tune above does open up the power a little with out touching ignition timing), you'll have to scan for KR. If you have no KR at full throttle with the gasoline you're using, you can up the timing 1 degree at a time until you see KR.
    Once you see KR, you can either leave the timing at where you have no KR or use higher octane to help with the KR.

I personally find 87 octane most beneficial if you have no KR in these Naturally aspirated motors.
    Last edited by ZeroBoostBuick; 06-02-2019 at 10:54 PM.