Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High pressure desired Pump settings

Quote Originally Posted by obd2 View Post
    Thanks Ben, maybe I should learn how to read lol. read it a second time made total sense. Cheers
    No worries, I have to reread stuff all the time..

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Interesting enough the 19 ZR1 commands 10mpa of fuel at WOT and uses the lt4 HPFP and injectors, get to tune one soon, already scheduled so looking forward to seeing what I can do with it

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Interesting enough the 19 ZR1 commands 10mpa of fuel at WOT and uses the lt4 HPFP and injectors, get to tune one soon, already scheduled so looking forward to seeing what I can do with it
    Guess it's depending on the port injection more than we thought...
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

Thanks for the kind words guys. We really put a LOT of effort into producing these training videos. It honestly surprises me that lots of what we are teaching hasn't been properly discussed or explained here before, especially considering that there have been people taking money for "training" on it for a while. We will continue to produce more top notch material going forward, make sure you follow us on FB.

Back to DI pumps... Keep in mind that the pumps also have a pressure relief valve. If you raise the pressure too much, you can hit this and it won't matter how hard you try to raise it any further, you won't get it. Also, simply raising the pressure does not guarantee more flow. The injectors themselves only pick up flow as defined by the Bernoulli Equation (square root of the P-ratio), so a few more MPa might not do as much as you would hope. It also changes the spray pattern, penetration into the cylinder and mixing. More is not always better there. In cases like the LT5 (or any other supplemental fuel system), why would you intentionally still try to over-tax the DI system when you can just add more fuel easily on the secondary system?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Thanks for the kind words guys. We really put a LOT of effort into producing these training videos. It honestly surprises me that lots of what we are teaching hasn't been properly discussed or explained here before, especially considering that there have been people taking money for "training" on it for a while. We will continue to produce more top notch material going forward, make sure you follow us on FB.

Back to DI pumps... Keep in mind that the pumps also have a pressure relief valve. If you raise the pressure too much, you can hit this and it won't matter how hard you try to raise it any further, you won't get it. Also, simply raising the pressure does not guarantee more flow. The injectors themselves only pick up flow as defined by the Bernoulli Equation (square root of the P-ratio), so a few more MPa might not do as much as you would hope. It also changes the spray pattern, penetration into the cylinder and mixing. More is not always better there. In cases like the LT5 (or any other supplemental fuel system), why would you intentionally still try to over-tax the DI system when you can just add more fuel easily on the secondary system?
    Thanks for the input, and I did order the video waiting anxiously. looks like at 870 rwhp is the max with secondary fuel pump, at least on my dyno. Dyno: Performance trends provided all the telemetry and drum was manufactures by Procter and Gamble with a drum weight of 2500 lbs with no artificial load. Currently this is the best dyno I ever worked with dialing AFR. All this to say I have max out soi applied all I know at 870 rwhp my injection is completely max out hovering near 6ms. given what you indicated looks like I have nothing left with the exception of direct injection. Seen some video's of north of 900 rwhp running on e85 without any mention of port injection which makes no sense to me. Fuel i use is 91 without ethanol spraying 15gph meth jet. That's why i was wondering of pump settings.
    Last edited by obd2; 05-09-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by obd2 View Post
    Seen some video's of north of 900 rwhp running on e85 without any mention of port injection which makes no sense to me. Fuel i use is 91 without ethanol spraying 15gph meth jet. That's why i was wondering of pump settings.
    Methanol IS secondary fuel injection.