Thread: TCC Lockup issues Built 4L80E and

Tuner in Training

TCC Lockup issues Built 4L80E and

Can anyone take a look at my tune and let me know if there are any issues that would prevent TCC lockup. As soon as i hit around 70 it will lock and then immediately unlock. I can lock the converter with HPTuners and it will stay locked. The trans was just rebuilt by a reputable rebuilder so I don't think its a mechanical issue.

Appreciate any help.

Can't tell much from your log file. Need to log current gear and go ahead and throw all the TCC monitors in too. Whats the rest of the combo, tire height, gear ratio? Have you used the bluecat software to create your shift tables and lock up speeds?

Tuner in Training
    I had the same issue just couple weeks ago on my 80e swap. I logged my TCC monitors and it happened to be a miss fire causing my converter to unlock.

Tuner in Training
    265/70/17 and 3.23 gears, the motor is a 5.3 with a BTR stage 2 Turbo Cam. I used the Bluecat tuning software for my trans tables. I'll do another log tomorrow morning and post it when i get to work.

I actually think the misfires may be an issue for me as well, I logged misfires today and had over 1000 on cylinder 5 on a 45 minute drive. If I manually lock the converter I can definitely feel the truck is misfiring.

What was the cause of your misfiring oleblue?

Tuner in Training
    I believe that the knock sensor were too sensitive when I had my segment swap done they were never desensitized it could throw codes idling after I had fix my coil pack. After I had my tuner turn them down everything is good now.