Thread: No Throttle Response

No Throttle Response

I went to a 2013 Roush tune. I changed all the things I thought was needed to get it going. It starts and runs just have no Input from the throttle. Is there something i'm missing? 2013 Mustang Roush Stage 3 FPFR0F4 PMAS ID1000 Throttle testing 1.hpt2013 roush test no throttle response.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    whats the original calibration, 2013 GT? i cant check your file i am at work, but look at DBW info

Advanced Tuner
    You're getting MAF Sensor Saturation. Rescale your MAF vs PERIOD and I think you need to come up with new cell values too..

Your throttle body data is not correct, It's a bad model. The angles are too large for the amount of ETC Area. I still think it should of had throttle response though.
    This is good throttle body data.
    goodtbdata.PNG

the original file stock file is a 2013. I have been running a 2012 roush file. it runs good with it.I just don't have any of my track pack gauges or my cruise doesn't work. the car is a 2013 GT with a VMP gen 3 blower. Stock GT500 Throttle body ID1000 and PMAS cold air intake.

here is the 2012 roush tune i have been running.

2012 rousch test.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    So it does start up and drive? You're just not receiving any signal on the scanner? I thought you had a dead pedal.

You don't have any of your trackpack gauges, cruise or throttle. There are some things I would change but I don't see anything in your file that looks suspicious of causing throttle problems you're mentioning.

Yes with the 13 file that makes everything work. I have a dead pedal. If I go back to the old 2012 file it runs and drives. With the 13 file it cranks. I can watch the scanner. When I press the pedal nothing moves but the spark advance. The TP sensor never changes.

Advanced Tuner
    Joey351,
    Are you sure that file is correct FPFR0F4, I dont show that calibration as a Roush file, are you Standard or Automatic i have FPFR0D3 calibration can you verify HERE roush DBW settings
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mstang_man; 05-10-2019 at 06:00 PM. Reason: attachments not add

mstang_man I will look at it Sunday. I?m out of town at the moment. I really appreciate the help man. It?s a manual
    Last edited by Joey351sc; 05-10-2019 at 07:43 PM.

i got the file from 15 PSI. i have checked everything and still have a dead pedal.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey351sc View Post
    i got the file from 15 PSI. i have checked everything and still have a dead pedal.
    Are you still getting MAF sensor saturation? Did you check physical connections, wires, etc.?
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Yes sir i checked the plug and everything. Blackbolt22 im confused on MAF saturation. Is there anything else i need to look at?

i got it. It was the MAF Default Period: Default period used for the MAF Sensor. it was set to 1,300. I set it to 70. Thanks for all your Help everyone.
    Last edited by Joey351sc; 05-16-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey351sc View Post
    Yes with the 13 file that makes everything work. I have a dead pedal. If I go back to the old 2012 file it runs and drives. With the 13 file it cranks. I can watch the scanner. When I press the pedal nothing moves but the spark advance. The TP sensor never changes.
    Dead pedal means problem in Driver Demand. Last time I had this they changed something in definition where the x and y axes were mirrored.
    That is why I do not recommend swapping strategies.

Thanks veeefour