Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transbrake for hp80??

Advanced Tuner
    Don't hold your breath.
    If you car is 2018 or newer you can attempt to enable it yourself with AlfaOBD.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Don't hold your breath.
    If you car is 2018 or newer you can attempt to enable it yourself with AlfaOBD.
    I'll have to look into that then. Ideally, I'd love if HPTuners could implement the same transbrake system they did with the Mustang as that one would work 10x better with my situation.

But yea, I've been waiting for some time now (even submitted a support request earlier in the year to show my interest) to see if anything would be done and nothing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    This is something I've looked into a bit.
    It's not super straightforward to do, and the transbrake offered by Dodge is quite limited in its use and tunability in my opinion.
    There are parameters in quite a few ECUs that need activation as well to provide functionality.

I think a solution a la what we did on the Mustang 10R80 is far more likely. That'd provide actual use to the end user, including features Dodge's transbrake does not provide.
    What did you do on the 10r80 Steven? I was able to get 2nd to engage while brake boosting with my 8hp55 but whenever solenoid e engaged C would release so it would not lock (brake).

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bb-tt View Post
    What did you do on the 10r80 Steven? I was able to get 2nd to engage while brake boosting with my 8hp55 but whenever solenoid e engaged C would release so it would not lock (brake).

Any luck? Another weekend of racing and I'm out early because the blade class used a pro tree.

Also, do you have to have a aftermarket PCM for the testing you're doing, or is it just credits for the PCM?

Quote Originally Posted by satown View Post
    Any luck? Another weekend of racing and I'm out early because the blade class used a pro tree.

Also, do you have to have a aftermarket PCM for the testing you're doing, or is it just credits for the PCM?
    no been busy with other things

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Hp tuners was not used when I enabled launch control. Just used alfaobd and an OBDlink MX+ dongle. I would grab a read of the bcm, ecm, and abs modules. You might need a read via hp tuners of the pcm and tcm as well...more info is better than not enough.
    Does anyone have a read of a stock 1320 BCM, ECM, ABS ?

I have a 2019 Scat w/ adaptive damping suspension and looking into what can be enabled (i.e. drag mode and trans brake) via AlphaOBD.

I have a 2019 1320. The transbrake seems to be intigrated into the radio / media center. If you look at the factory replacement radios you will see that they specify "transbrake". The transbrake does not have a rev limiter from the factory. You have to hold the RPM's at a certain range with the gas pedal.
    2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T 5.7
    2002 Dodge Ram 3500
    1976 Plymouth Duster

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by duster451 View Post
    I have a 2019 1320. The transbrake seems to be intigrated into the radio / media center. If you look at the factory replacement radios you will see that they specify "transbrake". The transbrake does not have a rev limiter from the factory. You have to hold the RPM's at a certain range with the gas pedal.
    Yes but folks are wondering if it can be unlocked by changing the configuration in the BCM like can be done for launch control, sport mode, performance pages and SRT performance pages?

For example, here is what it takes to get launch control enabled on non-STP equipped challengers.
    https://www.challengertalk.com/threa...5/post-8550598

If it is radio specific I am wondering I am guessing just getting the radio and swapping it in might not be that simple?

Actually never thought to look up the headunit part number to see if it is specific to 1320s. Well tried mopar giants website and that is no help as 1320 is not mentioned at all as a model.
    Last edited by Homer; 02-10-2022 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Yes but folks are wondering if it can be unlocked by changing the configuration in the BCM like can be done for launch control, sport mode, performance pages and SRT performance pages?

For example, here is what it takes to get launch control enabled on non-STP equipped challengers.

If it is radio specific I am wondering I am guessing just getting the radio and swapping it in might not be that simple?

Actually never thought to look up the headunit part number to see if it is specific to 1320s. Well tried mopar giants website and that is no help as 1320 is not mentioned at all as a model.
    If you look in the notes on the part it will specify "transbrake"
    2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T 5.7
    2002 Dodge Ram 3500
    1976 Plymouth Duster

Advanced Tuner
    So I found a 1320 Vin and entered it into mopar giant which tells me that any of the radios I select will work with that vehicle.

Here is the build sheet of the 1320 I found.
    https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windo...CDZFJ7KH640053

If I then look up the radios all apparently fit where I would think only one specific radio would? You have a picture of the note you are referring to or where I can find it?
    https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/page...=&partNumbers=

You need a 19 up car with that BCM and Alfa OBD has an option to turn on the transbrake. You may need to buy a newer scat pack but at that point, just order a 1320

I participated in that thread with Challytatum.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgeboy View Post
    I participated in that thread with Challytatum.
    FYI I am Challytatum but go by a different alias here. I tend to mix it up so the man has a harder time finding me....doh! Alfa does seem to have a couple of switches for the transbrake but not sure about needing a specific BCM though? There is a member on the CT forum that I have been talking with privately as he installed a 8 speed trans, apparently it is off a 1320, in a 2009 challenger. He is currently trying to enable TB on but since he has to use the PCS module to communicate with the TCM it is a little more complicated than anticipated.

alfa brake.JPG

what is a bcm? also does that only apply to srt modles, or can the rts get a trans brake as well? i see in my tune that launch control is enabled from factory, but i idont have it, that i know of
    2019 challenger rt
    k&N cold air intake
    92mm hellcat throttlebody
    ported 392 intake manifold
    ported eagle heads
    Cammotion custom 222/234 cam
    stainless works long tube headers and catless mid pipes
    3' catback with h-pipe & pypes violator mufflers
    e-85 tuned
    3.70 lsd

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by james1595 View Post
    what is a bcm? also does that only apply to srt modles, or can the rts get a trans brake as well? i see in my tune that launch control is enabled from factory, but i idont have it, that i know of
    BCM = Body Control Module. It essentially is responsible for the configuration of the vehicle. If you have a charger/challenger you might be able to enable launch control thru the BCM.

However, the key is to determine which chassis type you have.
    https://www.challengertalk.com/threa...5/post-8833504

Do i need to get the alphaobd or can hptuners with my tazer inable it? Theres alot of info and im just trying to make sure im getting it right
    2019 challenger rt
    k&N cold air intake
    ported eagle heads
    e-85 tuned
    3.70 lsd

Advanced Tuner
    Do i need to get the alphaobd or can hptuners with my tazer inable it? Theres alot of info and im just trying to make sure im getting it right
    HP tuners and Tazer can't make the changes...only alfaobd or I think diagFCA can (I have this software as well but have not used it enough as alfa is my go to). BTW the launch control enable is only good for +2015 challengers and up. Not sure about the charger years but chargers with headunits that are before the Harman RA4/VP4 will not work.

Ive got a 2019 challenger rt, it came with the stp, but no track mode button, or srt pages, ive only got the 7" screen. But ill look into that alphaobd, where do you get?
    2019 challenger rt
    k&N cold air intake
    ported eagle heads
    e-85 tuned
    3.70 lsd

Cool. I have the HPTuners new upgrade (unlocked) PCM for 2016-2017 Dodge. This is probably the same PCM controller you have in your 2016 challenger. My 2017 5.7 Durango is now a 6.4. It would be awesome to get the performance pages. How? The plug-in ZAuto has the line-locks feature.

Advanced Tuner
    Ive got a 2019 challenger rt, it came with the stp, but no track mode button, or srt pages, ive only got the 7" screen. But ill look into that alphaobd, where do you get?
    I prefer the PC version as I find the Android version does not always execute commands properly.
    https://www.alfaobd.com/download.html