Thread: ls swap 5.3 6l80e wont shift

Potential Tuner

ls swap 5.3 6l80e wont shift

So i am getting an ls swapped vehicle going.
    2010 5.3 6l80e, tsp 220r cam dod delete, magnason supercharger.

i have the vehicle running, but it seems like the trans is in a limp mode, stuck in 3rd or 4th gear.

i am getting some communication codes and not sure where to go with it.
    is this a tuning issue? is there something i missed?

codes are.
    u0100-00 lost communication with ecm
    u0121-00 lost communication with abs control unit
    u0140-00 lost communication with bcm

Thanks for any help.

1968c10-5.36l80emodified.hpt

Do you have power on the required pins inside the large transmission connector? Does HP Tuners indicate that the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) inside the trans is showing speeds when the vehicle is moving? If the speed is zero with the vehicle moving, the trans won't shift. Why would it? It thinks it is sitting still.

This happened inside my 4L60E but a new VSS solved that problem.

Rick

Advanced Tuner
    abs error would be normal because its no longer there in your swap, is the engine/trans from the same year?

also is the harness a off the shelf item or something thats been fucked with from the original vehicle?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B52bombardier1 View Post
    Do you have power on the required pins inside the large transmission connector? Does HP Tuners indicate that the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) inside the trans is showing speeds when the vehicle is moving? If the speed is zero with the vehicle moving, the trans won't shift. Why would it? It thinks it is sitting still.

This happened inside my 4L60E but a new VSS solved that problem.

Rick
    thanks for the response.
    yes we tested all the pins on the connector at the trans and have powers and grounds and can connections there.
    in the scanner we do see vehicle speed sensors working.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    abs error would be normal because its no longer there in your swap, is the engine/trans from the same year?

also is the harness a off the shelf item or something thats been fucked with from the original vehicle?
    i was thinking the abs error is normal as well,
    yes the engine and trans is both from a 2010 silverado.
    the harness is a stand alone setup from howell.
    thanks for the response, any thoughts?

Which module gave you the U0100 (can't see PCM)? It is important to know which module made the complaint.

If you read that with your HPTuner it must be the TCM saying it can't see the PCM. So time to check your com lines between them.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    Which module gave you the U0100 (can't see PCM)? It is important to know which module made the complaint.

If you read that with your HPTuner it must be the TCM saying it can't see the PCM. So time to check your com lines between them.
    Yes the u0100 is in the TCM, all of the communication codes are in there.

so the tcm appears to have full communication, it sends and displays all sensor readings etc, allows a flash from HPtuners.
    we have pulled the connector at the trans and confirmed powers grounds and have 2.4-2.5v at each can line.

Im wondering if the TCU is faulty?