Thread: 4L60E Shifting Issues

Potential Tuner

4L60E Shifting Issues

Some quick background on the truck: It's a 2004 Silverado 1500 Single Cab 2WD and came originally with the V6 motor. I have since swapped in a V8 from a 2006 Silverado 1500 (Including the engine harness and computer) while keeping the original 4L60E that came with the V6. The trans has about 130k miles on it and got a new filter and fluid during the swap.

Since the swap I've been getting flaring in all the gears but it is worst on the 2-3 shift, I have somewhat improved the shifting by increasing trans shift pressures (The tune is otherwise stock) but it still flares noticeably. I have also noticed the TCC is applied all the time when the truck is over 9 MPH regardless of the TCC apply/release settings. I'll attach the tune and 2 logs, one from 'aggressive' driving and one from normal driving on country roads and highways.

Any insight into tune issues or potential mechanical issues with the trans would be great
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Grab the bluecat trans tuning software.

Tuner
    Shift timing is pretty slow, try cutting it by half and TCC duty cycle, try 99 in the maximum and 90 in the minimum and see how that feels
    Bluecat is the best tho !
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Potential Tuner
    I'll check out the Bluecat software. I ended up just putting in a TransGo shift kit and all new electronics, that fixed every issue I had. Looking at the valve body sep. plate it was extremely worn and was probably not helping with the sloppy shifts.

Tuner
    now just tune your shift points, I also raise my upshift pressure.