Thread: 33784 WOT multiplier table

Tuner in Training

33784 WOT multiplier table

Does this table really have any effect? The ECT suggests 240F so it seem to me this never gets enabled? If I'm right, How do you adjust WOT fuel trim.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's not a multiplier table. It is commanded WOT lambda.

I'm pretty sure it will get used even though ECT won't hit 240.

Tuner in Training
    My understanding is the numbers in this table are multipliers to Stoich input shown below.

I.E."Target AFR (14.08 is the stock setting) and multiply by Lambda. At 5,500 RPM, this returns a value of 12.29 (14.08 x 0.873 = 12.29)."
    From: http://www.masterenginetuner.com/2011-mustang-v6.html

Are the fields interrelated? Or is this table just assumed to relative to Lambda?

Why is the table 10X5 when it seems that 10X1 would have sufficed? Any benefit to changing the 240 F to other numbers or does cold enrichment pretty much cover it?

I'm just trying to gain a thorough understanding...

Thanks...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hamiltog View Post

Why is the table 10X5 when it seems that 10X1 would have sufficed? Any benefit to changing the 240 F to other numbers or does cold enrichment pretty much cover it?
    10x1, why not 1x1 . 10x5, because options are nice. Maybe someone wants to run their car more rich at lower engine temps? Personally I think .873 is nuts, lol.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Advanced Tuner
    Having the axis the same number keeps the same target for all temps. If you set the first axis to 160 and the last axis to 200. That value will continue past the table. a 5x1 table would be the same as how that table is set. People like to command leaner fuel at lower RPM and then richen it up with RPM and heat.

A stock coyote OP threshold is has the 6000 RPM across all axis at 89% throttle on all cells. OP requires 89% throttle to enable OP through all RPM.

That table is commanding lambda. We don't use AFR. AFR is always there to calculate, but the O2 sensors use lambda and almost everyone uses lambda. AFR changes, lambda always stays the same depending on stoich

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Having the axis the same number keeps the same target for all temps. If you set the first axis to 160 and the last axis to 200. That value will continue past the table. a 5x1 table would be the same as how that table is set. People like to command leaner fuel at lower RPM and then richen it up with RPM and heat.

A stock coyote OP threshold is has the 6000 RPM across all axis at 89% throttle on all cells. OP requires 89% throttle to enable OP through all RPM.

That table is commanding lambda. We don't use AFR. AFR is always there to calculate, but the O2 sensors use lambda and almost everyone uses lambda. AFR changes, lambda always stays the same depending on stoich
    "There should be datalog PIDs for WB Lambda B1 and WB Lambda B2 – they will be the ones you want for Lambda. You can also log commanded Lambda."