Thread: jeep cherokee BBK cruise control effect

Tuner

jeep cherokee BBK cruise control effect

Hi i am tuning a jeep cherokee 6.1 that have now a strocker ,ported head,cam BBK throttle ,Procharger psi ,800CC FID injector ,450 Walbro with external regulator.

I am having a cruise control effect on the highway when i let off the gas the jeep will continue to drive itselft and speed wont go down i cant find the issue in my tune. I log the tps i record 0,20V when the issue is happening.

The other problem i have is the truck have knock like crazy in part throttle and WOT i have the knock sensor at 3,5 volt an the truck is pulling like 10 degree at wot.
    thank you for the help

Tuner
    here is the tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    who built the motor and what pistons are in it?

Cruise control means the ECU needs to be told the throttle body flows more air than you've told it, because to meet the requested torque/airflow, its opening the throttle body too much. Start by adding 5 (literally add 5, not 5%) to the cell at 0.20 or closest to it and smooth out the rest of the cells around it.

Tuner
    Have you had any luck with this?
    I have the same effect here, Tried to add the 5 to those cells but still no luck.

Tuner in Training
    I have a BBK 85mm. Here is what I did to fix it:

- Multiply the Small Range table by .85.
    - Multiply the cells of the Large Range table that correspond to the Small Range table by .85. (They are usually the first 8 cells).
    - Multiply the cells of the Airflow table that correspond to the Small Range table by 1.15. (They are usually the first 8 cells).

Tuner
    My issue went away as soon as i disabled the "Sensed Map".

Quote Originally Posted by Cyboula View Post
    My issue went away as soon as i disabled the "Sensed Map".
    I have that disabled and I'm having the same issue with a 6.4 stroker with turbo and stock TB
    9 sec Montecarlo SS