Thread: Dakota digital vss problems

Tuner in Training

Dakota digital vss problems

I have a 4L80E behind my 6.0 in my 85 K10. I'm having trouble getting the pcm and vss to read each other properly, I'm starting to think I need and updated version of editor to changes the pulses per rev transmission and vss pulse in general, properly as this unit sends 8000k per mile and I believe the stock vss sent 40 something? Any help for a newbie would be extremely appreciated!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ferg View Post
    I have a 4L80E behind my 6.0 in my 85 K10. I'm having trouble getting the pcm and vss to read each other properly, I'm starting to think I need and updated version of editor to changes the pulses per rev transmission and vss pulse in general, properly as this unit sends 8000k per mile and I believe the stock vss sent 40 something? Any help for a newbie would be extremely appreciated!!!!
    I don't know much about 4L80E but too much about VSS, and DD. Where are you getting signal from transmission? Is there an installed on the transmission VSS? Which DD box do you have?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinto7 View Post
    I don't know much about 4L80E but too much about VSS, and DD. Where are you getting signal from transmission? Is there an installed on the transmission VSS? Which DD box do you have?
    I Don't have a DD box. I have a Dakota digital seen 01-4160 pass through vss that works off my speedo cable in the transfer case. Maybe I'm going the wrong route I'm not sure.

Dd vss

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ferg View Post
    I Don't have a DD box. I have a Dakota digital seen 01-4160 pass through vss that works off my speedo cable in the transfer case. Maybe I'm going the wrong route I'm not sure.
    Did you get this to work, I want to use that same VSS only I'm running a manual trans but the tune looks at the VSS to keep it idling properly when not in gear
    or disengaging the clutch, just don't know what all to change in the tables.