Thread: Any help appreciated.

Potential Tuner

Question Any help appreciated.

Hello everyone, I'm completely new to using hp tuner and tuning in general. So here's my question, i was performing a scan this morning so I had actual data to work with and my scanner doesn't read the 02 afr or injectors. I've checked that the channels are in the list, but I get no data transmission. Am I doing something incorrectly? I would greatly appreciate any advice, thanks in advance and have a great day!

Edit: I was just reviewing my file and I feel I should clarify. I have no graph info on the afr, but the text panel on the left show a lambda reading of 1
    Last edited by DM6478; 01-29-2022 at 11:08 AM.

It would require that you create a graph that uses the channel on the left.

The axis for the graph need to use the correct pid for them to show the data. For example if you were trying to log a timing table that uses rpm and cylinder airmass, you need to have both of those channels in the main channels list and then put them in the correct column or row axis to match the table in the editor.

Also note that many vehicles do not have real air fuel ratio sensors in them. Most are narrow band o2 sensors and not wideband o2 sensors.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for your reply, my graph has the 02 place on it just nothing shows up. I guess I should have specified, my donor is a 2013 mustang, so I believe it has wideband 02 sensors.

Right, it may already have a graph that says "o2 sensor" but it's not getting it's information from the channels you want.

You need to edit that graph and change the channels it is using to get the data from. Then it will report the information you want.

I'm sure there are youtube video's out there that show you how to make graphs/charts etc etc within the VCM scanner.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    ok, I'll do some more digging and see what I can figure out. Thank you for your time.