Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecting AEM 30-4110 to mpvi2 standard?

Tuner in Training

Connecting AEM 30-4110 to mpvi2 standard?

I just received my tuner today. And I can't for the life of me figure out how to connect my wb to data log. I'm beginning to think it's impossible with this wideband based on what I've read so far.

Car is an 01 Impala I top swapped. 5 years ago I tuned it with DHP, but lost my tuner. In dhp all I needed was to input a formula for my EGR that I had connected the wb to, 5v. I can add the EGR as a channel, but can't figure out how to modify the parameters. Is this even possible?

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I just want to know if it's at all possible, or not. Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Not possible without the Pro upgrade and Pro Link.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Not possible without the Pro upgrade and Pro Link.
    So this isn't an option?

https://youtu.be/Ru_2M2uGSKs

I just found this video. But it seems it can be added using user maths or whatever. Sorry, I'm so new to this and it gets a little confusing when some say you can and others say you can't.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bandook View Post
    So this isn't an option?

https://youtu.be/Ru_2M2uGSKs

I just found this video. But it seems it can be added using user maths or whatever. Sorry, I'm so new to this and it gets a little confusing when some say you can and others say you can't.
    I could be VERY wrong. Try it and see what happens. Does that have a AC pressure sensor or EGR circuit that can be used? I have a GTP so I am curious...
    Last edited by jaydubb71; 05-08-2019 at 02:13 PM.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

You can still wire it into the EGR circuit on those cars, it's the same W-body platform as the grand prix.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    I could be VERY wrong. Try it and see what happens. Does that have a AC pressure sensor or EGR circuit that can be used? I have a GTP so I am curious...
    Yup works perfect. Took me awhile tonight to figure it out. I have a lot to learn with HPT. I am using egr since I deleted it. So glad I didn't have to shell out a couple hundred just to get wb working.

Just wish there was an official hptuner guide on how to make it work. I spent way too much time reading old threads. But, sure was a good feeling seeing the numbers show up in my scanner!

Tuner in Training
    What messed me up was I didn't have the EGR in the channels list. Total noob mistake I know now. Need to spend some time getting familiar with the scanner.

Potential Tuner
    It is possible, I have it done on my unit. Go through your serial port. the AEM has two extra wires, white and blue. One is a serial output. https://youtu.be/mGcEw29XZBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Zerofx150 View Post
    It is possible, I have it done on my unit. Go through your serial port. the AEM has two extra wires, white and blue. One is a serial output. https://youtu.be/mGcEw29XZBQ
    Wait... that works? Still works today with MPVI2 and whatever current software version?

Senior Tuner
    Dodge and Ford made this so much easier with factory installed wideband sensors. All you do is log the wb channel. Come on GM, get with the program!

Potential Tuner
    I followed your video to set mine up to use the usb on my laptop. I have it setup to use AFR but on the dialog box it was showing a value of 2.98 lambda. For the equation I have (v/0.42105263)+7.3125=output. I went through the drop downs and selected AFR and have the units on the transform tab in 14.68 gasoline. Any ideas on what I could have done wrong? I'm using the blue wire from the AEM 30-4110 to a 232 cable using pins 2 and 5.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by zeph78 View Post
    I followed your video to set mine up to use the usb on my laptop. I have it setup to use AFR but on the dialog box it was showing a value of 2.98 lambda. For the equation I have (v/0.42105263)+7.3125=output. I went through the drop downs and selected AFR and have the units on the transform tab in 14.68 gasoline. Any ideas on what I could have done wrong? I'm using the blue wire from the AEM 30-4110 to a 232 cable using pins 2 and 5.
    Try this wiring.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Try this wiring.
    I don't have the Pro version. That's why I'm trying to log it via USB.

Potential Tuner
    Here are my tables:

AFR Channels.jpg AFR Transform.PNG

https://forum.hptuners.com/attachmen...1&d=1558760928

AEM blue wire to RX. GND to the SAME GROUND in use for the gauge/controller.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    https://forum.hptuners.com/attachmen...1&d=1558760928

AEM blue wire to RX. GND to the SAME GROUND in use for the gauge/controller.
    I have the blue wire from the AEM to pin #2 and pin #5 going to ground, but it's not the same ground as the gauge. I'll try that tonight. Thanks for the replies.

Potential Tuner
    It's reading at the laptop, but the value is wrong. It's showing 2.89 w/ the lamda after it. I want it in AFR.

Senior Tuner
    Always use the Pro HPT but these input/output values worked with my AEM 30-4110.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Always use the Pro HPT but these input/output values worked with my AEM 30-4110.
    Can I use those values, and use the drop down to change from Lamda to AFR? Or will that be different values?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by zeph78 View Post
    Can I use those values, and use the drop down to change from Lamda to AFR? Or will that be different values?
    I'm just not familiar with what to do with the AEM and MPVI2. I only have an MPVI Pro. Give it a try and see what readings you get.