Thread: Can anyone take a look at my tune and log please.

Tuner in Training

Can anyone take a look at my tune and log please.

My truck was originally a 4.3 with a 4l60e I did a 5.3 swap with a built 4l80e. I have a wideband but wont be able to log it until Thursday. I am having a crazy amount of misfires despite what my log says. Can anyone take a look at my tune and see if there is anything glaringly obvious that would cause a gross amount of misfires?

The only mod is a BTR Stage 2 Cam other than the 4l80e.

Potential Tuner
    Hi,
    I ran into a similar issue with misfires when I swapped to the stage 2 truck cam from BTR. As long as you were driving everything was OK, but if idling it was a different story. I had the $10 a piece ac iridium plugs installed. I swapped out iridium plugs for NGK tr55's. That took care of my misfire issue, but I had to add base fuel and additional PE fuel. I'm still logging and adjusting the tune. I will take a look at your tune and share thoughts if you would like.

Potential Tuner
    I would suggest logging data (a lot). Changing tables without data usually ends one of two ways. The engine runs horribly or it has a catastrophic failure. Just glancing at your tune I would say if you install a wide band O2 you'll find the engine running rich, especially in power enrichment. What are your other mods to the engine?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by catdiesel04 View Post
    I would suggest logging data (a lot). Changing tables without data usually ends one of two ways. The engine runs horribly or it has a catastrophic failure. Just glancing at your tune I would say if you install a wide band O2 you'll find the engine running rich, especially in power enrichment. What are your other mods to the engine?
    Thanks for the reply,

I actually do have a wideband I was just waiting on the Pro link so I could log with it. I was using LTFT to dial in the part throttle tuning. I believe I found the issue though I used the cylinder head block tester kit and found that I had a head gasket leak somewhere. i pulled both heads last night and will have new gaskets on tonight. I will then be able to log data with my wideband and I'll report back with what I found. Appreciate the reply.

Tuner in Training
    So just an update for folks that may have a similar issues, I made a series of mistakes.

1. When I did the segment swap I forgot to pull over the trans diag, I believe this was the main reason my TCC wouldn't lock.

2. I had a cracked spark plug that was causing random misfires and it was literally the last thing I checked.

Sometimes it's the simple stuff.

Tuner
    Lower your PE enable, when you get your WB hooked up run the eq error math in the log