Thread: 2018 SIlverado 5.3L L83 Flex Fuel Question

2018 SIlverado 5.3L L83 Flex Fuel Question

I converted my truck to FF added the sensor and set up ecm and its running good but I had to lean out my alcohol tables about 10% from stock to get the extra HP from FF. I would think that just by adding FF I would gain the 21HP as GM states without having to tune it for FF. I did gain the HP but not till I changed the Ratio and the G?P?N alcohol tables to optimize the FF. I would like to compare my truck to a FF stock file to see if they are different as my truck was not FF from factory.
    Anyone have a 2018 FF tune??

Thanks

Did you use a dyno to see that?

I leaned out mine just for the hell of it, didn't do any testing. Just made it around .86-.88 lambda I think compared to the .83 I was had it with 89 octane. Added about 4 degrees of timing give or take.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Are you taking about the Power Enrichment tables?

Quote Originally Posted by scr71822 View Post
    Are you taking about the Power Enrichment tables?
    Changed the PE for WOT and also the Open Loop table for P?N and in gear.

No I have a WB hooked up to my HP tuner pro and tuned it that way.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabercrombie View Post
    I converted my truck to FF added the sensor and set up ecm and its running good but I had to lean out my alcohol tables about 10% from stock to get the extra HP from FF. I would think that just by adding FF I would gain the 21HP as GM states without having to tune it for FF. I did gain the HP but not till I changed the Ratio and the G?P?N alcohol tables to optimize the FF. I would like to compare my truck to a FF stock file to see if they are different as my truck was not FF from factory.
    Anyone have a 2018 FF tune??

Thanks
    To answer your question though, I believe only the Flex Fuel Sensor enabled, Stoich updated, MiL and codes enabled in the ECM, all the other tables are the same, at least in my 2016 that was the case and I had read the same for a 2018 GMC Sierra that was converted.

Yea I saw a 2015 FF tune and it was the same but a lot of other areas were different. So did you gain in HP just by adding FF or did you need to lean it out any?

Tuner in Training
    I have a Hypertech Max Tuner 2.0, I applied that tune, this adjusted the spark, but I have yet to adjust fuel yet in either PE or open loop.

It feels good, but don't have access to a dyno.