Thread: I would like to fix RPM for engine limit to 500 GMC Savana 2012 1GJW78FG5C1167230

Potential Tuner

I would like to fix RPM for engine limit to 500 GMC Savana 2012 1GJW78FG5C1167230

Dear Sir ,
    For this car I would like to fix RPM for engine limit to 500 only can you please help me how I can as I am new user
    actully this is a ICE cream selling cal owner user to keen engine start whole day . in start RPM keept @ 500 but after 2 or three hrs goes to 700 which leads to extra fuel consumption

Is the RPM going up as a way to keep the engine cool though?

More rpm would mean more coolant flow, but I am just guessing without seeing the tune file or a data log. Logging it when it does increase in rpm could help, you could watch the desired idle to see if matches base idle settings.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I doubt the base idle is 500 anyway. If you are using the vehicle charging system for any large power draw (inverters), you would want additional RPM for this. It will aid in cooling by increasing air flow over the radiator as well.

If you aren't drawing off the vehicle for anything, and just running a generator for your coolers. Why not just shut the van off?
    '07 TBSS. 3SS, 2wd, 402ci, BTR STG 3 cam, Speed LTs w/ catless Y-pipe, HD Spal fans
    '04 DMAX,NOT STOCK!