Thread: Vcm update 4.4.2 with firmware

Tuner

Vcm update 4.4.2 with firmware

I performed the latest update and i suspect this last update contains bugs only from a datalogging propective. I normaly pick several pids so i can see them all at once. With this lastest update some of the items i picked goes blank. Example: yesterday rpm/advance/map/ hertz went blank no output. These items with several other were chosen. Never seen this before. The only way around this issues is to pick minimun items making to tuning process longer. Anyone else having this issue. I am using mpv1

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try repolling via the scanner this is the most common fix for this issue you are seeing.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Thanks for reply. Repolling? Do you mean remove all channels and re pick items to logs again? Tried that to no avail.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    vehicle-repoll for supported parameters

Tuner
    You mean re started scanner and hit the vehicle icon to reload perimeters right. If so i did. Even tried unplgging interface and retried with the same result. This all started right after update. All was working fine with the previous car with older version did the update and these issues started in the next car same day when i performed update last week. I can't be the only one with these issues. Also tried a different interface same result

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No, i mean open vcm scanner, connect to vehicle, click vehicle-repoll for supported parameters.

Tuner
    Just learnt something new again found the repolling feature. Will give that a try and let you know

Tuner
    One more question. The trans relearn work great with gm 8 speed but since last year the 6 speed relearn seems not to be working for me. Trans temp all ready i hit the relearn and engine rev up but trans does nothing. Example:hit the relearn engine revs up and trans only goes offline. Neutral in all selections does not go thru clutches. On the 8 speed process takes 15min to complete and works great. It use to do the same with 6 speed but not anymore

Tuner in Training
    I have the same problem as the OP, many parameters missing from the scan but I can't seem to repoll. That menu line is grayed out. HELLLLPPP
    Last edited by lejambcr; 05-12-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I have a problem also, I connected my dongle MPV1 to pc/internet a pop up message came up and advised I needed to upgrade my firmware which it did automatically which I did not want it to do, now it does not work at all Scanner advises "unable to detect" and Editor says "invalid application key" tried on three vehicles and the key is a valid key.
    It is wrong that my hardware has been connected to and changed without my permission. I use the dongle several times a week I have submitted a support request yesterday no response yet. In the mean time can anyone out there offer any help that might correct the problem?
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Tuner in Training
    Just fixed my issue yesterday with help from support, basically un-installed the latest version of VCM Suite and re-installed using the BETA version. Problem solved.

Advanced Tuner
    lejambcr, thank you for the reply I have since tried the beta version 4.5.56 still does not work, however I did not uninstall my previous version I will try again.
    Thanks
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Potential Tuner