Thread: segment swap issue?

segment swap issue?

Hey got a 66 chevelle here with a ls in it trying to do a segment swap for a t56 from an auto on it and no matter what i do it won't rev over 2000rpm. Just bounces like crazy. Tried to do it manually but still same issue. I've tried the segment swap with 2 different matching os tunes but still same thing. Anyone got this before?

1966 Chevelle with ls3 and ls1 computer -modified.hpt
    Last edited by Stangguy; 05-10-2019 at 11:08 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Most use the segment swapper for going from 4l60 to 4l80 or vice versa and also doing fuel segment swaps when converting a 97-98 LS1 to a 99+ LS1 ecm. Going from an auto to a manual is usually best served by flashing the ecm with a manual file via tech 2 or similar oem device as there are likely thousands of things going on in the background. Segment swapping in these cases really isn't advised.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Yeah. If going to a manual, I always just install a factory manual system then tune from there. The factory manual systems don't struggle with hanging idle or auto trans related limiters.

But as for your issue at 2k, it is probably your Drivetrain Abuse setting or one of the other Torque Management limiters.

In your tune .your tranny is listed as 4l60e .not manual
    learning

Tuner
    Try turning off all DTCs for the auto trans